Denny's "no guns allowed" signs seem to be working. - Page 3
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Denny's "no guns allowed" signs seem to be working.

1. Quote Originally Posted by mistergus75 View Post
    Let's be nice...
    I guess I am just a wuss. I am more afraid of getting shot at during an armed robbery than I am civil litigation. If I am in the presence of known armed criminals and it doesn't endanger the public to do so, I am going to be the first one shooting.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    It just seems like in most instances you would be too afraid to use it.
    And that is how it should be - we should all be "afraid" to use our weapons. Better than being too anxious to use them.

At what point in a Denny's armed robbery do you perceive yourself pulling out your weapon and starting a gun battle?

The cash register is near the door. You are seated against the wall furthest from the cash register but still in sight of it. There are 3 dozen or more other patrons between you and the armed robbers.

Do you begin firing at them immediately from your seated area? Wait to see if the take the money and run? Rush toward the cash register with guns a blazing?

It just seems like in most instances you would be too afraid to use it.
    There's common sense and there's fear. Rambo wannabes who think they are going to save the day should think twice.

I guess I am just a wuss. I am more afraid of getting shot at during an armed robbery than I am civil litigation. If I am in the presence of known armed criminals and it doesn't endanger the public to do so, I am going to be the first one shooting.
    You really should do yourself a favor and take some tactical shoot/don't shoot judgemental scenario training.....

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    And that is how it should be - we should all be "afraid" to use our weapons. Better than being too anxious to use them.

At what point in a Denny's armed robbery do you perceive yourself pulling out your weapon and starting a gun battle?

The cash register is near the door. You are seated against the wall furthest from the cash register but still in sight of it. There are 3 dozen or more other patrons between you and the armed robbers.

Do you begin firing at them immediately from your seated area? Wait to see if the take the money and run? Rush toward the cash register with guns a blazing?
    Anyone with an ounce of common sense waits to see if they will take the money and run. 99% of the time they will.

Sigh. Yet more sheepdog BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Green View Post
    Sigh. Yet more sheepdog BS.
    LMMFAO- see the previous Rambo comment

It never ends does it? The longer I'm on gun forums the more I understand why the gum'mint is resistant to people being armed. It's enough to push any sane person towards the dark side.

10. I'm just saying, I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6. The guy in the OP story did the right thing, up until the point he fired at the fleeing criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods
    At exactly the same point as the "superhero" in the OP's story did. When my life is threatened, and I can shoot without endangering innocent bystanders.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods

Wow. We went from a lone customer in a Denny's at 5:50 am to 3 dozen patrons between me and the criminals. Funny how you had to change the scenario into something completely different to justify your point. The 3 dozen customers between myself and the criminals changes the scenario entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_S
    You really should do yourself a favor and take some tactical shoot/don't shoot judgemental scenario training.....
    In the jobs that I have held in 27 years of military service, I guarantee I have had more tactical shoot/don't shoot training then you have any idea about. When your in the simulator, and you see exactly how fast a scenario goes from a person holding a gun, to a person shooting at you, you MIGHT understand where I am coming from, if you don't have your lawyer whispering in your ear, that is.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

11. Thumbs up

We sure don't miss Denny's here in Tulsa. They packed up a while back and left. I said bye!! Bye!!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast