Denny's "no guns allowed" signs seem to be working. - Page 4
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 125

Thread: Denny's "no guns allowed" signs seem to be working.

  1. Dear Dennis,
    I love the fact you have a "no guns" sign in your window. It's like a glowing masterpiece for me when I see it. It's kinda like when a shopper sees a "Sale" sign, just brings music to my ears. Please encourage other businesses to bring on the "no guns" idea, it make my life so much eazyer.
    Sincerely, Your Next Robber Thug.
    P.S. Word!




    Naturally I'm anti "no gun" but thought that be a funny letter too.

  2.   
  3. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    In the jobs that I have held in 27 years of military service, I guarantee I have had more tactical shoot/don't shoot training then you have any idea about. When your in the simulator, and you see exactly how fast a scenario goes from a person holding a gun, to a person shooting at you, you MIGHT understand where I am coming from, if you don't have your lawyer whispering in your ear, that is.

    This is the simulator that I use to teach these classes:

    http://www.ies-usa.com/milo-range-advanced.html

    So in between swabbing the decks they taught you to open fire in Denny's if a robber comes in? Do yourself a favor and take some more training. You clearly need it. Look us up if you're in Mass. I'll give you a coupon....

  4. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Maybe Denny's would rather give the perps the money than have some superhero starting a gunfight.

    Who is going to pay for all the damage done to the premises by the gun fight?
    Just what the bad guys need, tacit approval for their activities.

    "Hey, fellas, Denny's doesn't allow guns and has a policy of giving the money to robbers. THAT should give us the time to work on the customers too!"

    To me an armed robber is just a murderer waiting to happen. I would prefer that it didn't "happen" on or near me and mine. Push comes to shove however, had my druthers.... perp is permanently removed from civil society. Ain't gonna happen in Denny's, apparently.

    So, I'm content to let "nogods" hang out at Denny's, if it makes him feel more secure. We all have to "play out" our lives in whatever manner feels "right" to us. Me? I will respect Denny's decision on the matter and let them create a "safe house" for BGs and a false comfort zone for others. Needless to say, I will refuse to give business to corporate entities that refuse me my right to be able to protect myself should need arise. PERIOD!

    GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Rich_S View Post
    This is the simulator that I use to teach these classes:

    MILO Range Advanced Training System: IES Interactive Training

    So in between swabbing the decks they taught you to open fire in Denny's if a robber comes in? Do yourself a favor and take some more training. You clearly need it. Look us up if you're in Mass. I'll give you a coupon....
    I'll pass, thank you for the kind offer. I would prefer to take a self-defense course that teaches how to keep oneself from getting killed by criminals with guns by some other method other than tossing a wallet at them and praying its enough to keep them from shooting. I believe in the power of prayer and Smith and Wesson - just sometimes not in that order.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  6. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    I'll pass, thank you for the kind offer. I would prefer to take a self-defense course that teaches how to keep oneself from getting killed by criminals with guns by some other method other than tossing a wallet at them and praying its enough to keep them from shooting. I believe in the power of prayer and Smith and Wesson - just sometimes not in that order.
    That's unfortunate for you because that's exactly what we teach. The first scenario we introduce is a bank robbery. The armed BG comes in and demands money from the teller. The student is in line at the bank. Cowboys like yourself shoot the BG. As they're standing there puffing out their chests and high fiving their buddies the BG's accomplice opens up with an AK from the back of the room and kills the cowboy. Of course if Mr. tough guy cowboy doesn't take action the BG grabs the cash and runs. Now- what was it that he was after in the first place?

  7. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Reno NV
    Posts
    174
    Here in NV, I can shoot in self defense if I feel that my life, or the life of anyone in my presence is in danger. Would I shoot? Depends on the totality of the circumstances. The VERY last thing I'm interested in is being a hero, but someone pointing a gun at a cashier in my local diner more than meets my legal burden for firing. Just because the BG isn't pointing his gun at me doesn't mean he can't do it in a split second. Just because he takes the cash and runs doesn't mean he won't shoot me through a window to keep me from getting a good look at him as he's fleeing.

    As long as I feel there is a potential for death or great bodily harm, I'm probably going to act. But like I said, it depends on the totality of circumstances.

  8. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Reno NV
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_S View Post
    That's unfortunate for you because that's exactly what we teach. The first scenario we introduce is a bank robbery. The armed BG comes in and demands money from the teller. The student is in line at the bank. Cowboys like yourself shoot the BG. As they're standing there puffing out their chests and high fiving their buddies the BG's accomplice opens up with an AK from the back of the room and kills the cowboy. Of course if Mr. tough guy cowboy doesn't take action the BG grabs the cash and runs. Now- what was it that he was after in the first place?
    Well thank Gawd that's what BG's always do, grab the cash and run. You can die on your knees, begging for your life, I prefer to better my chances for survival by relying on my weapon than the compassion of a bad guy.

    Hey, in your simulator, is there a way for the good guy to save everyone in the bank by dispatching BOTH BG's? If there isn't, you're class is utterly useless. If you're training people to lay down, I sure as he## wouldn't want to take your course. You should teach how to overcome progressively harder situations. I'd ask for my money back if the first thing you want me to learn is to lay down and die. When a BG is in a bank, pointing a gun at anyone, everyone in the bank is in grave danger.

  9. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddhaKat View Post
    Well thank Gawd that's what BG's always do, grab the cash and run. You can die on your knees, begging for your life, I prefer to better my chances for survival by relying on my weapon than the compassion of a bad guy.

    Hey, in your simulator, is there a way for the good guy to save everyone in the bank by dispatching BOTH BG's? If there isn't, you're class is utterly useless. If you're training people to lay down, I sure as he## wouldn't want to take your course. You should teach how to overcome progressively harder situations. I'd ask for my money back if the first thing you want me to learn is to lay down and die. When a BG is in a bank, pointing a gun at anyone, everyone in the bank is in grave danger.

    So it's a MUCH better idea to open fire in a Denny's then? You miss or only wound him. BG opens fire and kills several innocent people. How would that end for you? Also, please quote where I suggest to get on your knees and beg. Of course there's a way to shoot both BG's. You have to be paying attention and be able to hit him with a head shot because he's behind the cover of a desk. Most people think it's over once they kill the guy at the teller window. Some get a shot off but can't hit him from behind cover. Some do hit him but it's rare. For every robbery you can show me where a BG went in shooting and an armed civilian saved the day I can show you thousands where they came in brandishing a gun and ran after they got the money- which is all they wanted in the first place. Also please post links to the training that instructs people to open fire on the BG in a scenarion like the Denny's robbery. Thanks

  10. http://www.gunfacts.info/pdfs/gun-fa...6.0-screen.pdf

    Pages 19-21 contain very enlightening information. Especially this little tidbit on Page 21:

    Fact: The probability of serious injury from an attack is 2.5 times greater for women
    offering no resistance than for women resisting with guns. Men also benefit from using
    guns but the benefits are smaller, 1.4 times more likely to receive a serious injury.
    The statistics (from the Department of Justice in this case) show that I am 1.4 times more likely to receive a serious injury in a criminal attack if I offer no resistence than if I resist by using a gun. Good thing I am not a woman, "give them what they want" would increase my chances of serious injury by 2.5 times.

    So much for the "give them what they want" theory.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  11. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Houston Metro Area, Texas
    Posts
    3,004
    If BG starts shooting bullets have no respect for age or anything else, if my family is having lunch three boys and wife, that is five of us armed. Dennys is laywer driven, my family is not, I will protect them.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast