ccw age
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ccw age

1. ccw age

I am wondering how old you have to be in the state of Indiana to get a permit for a concealed carry permit

You have to be 21

Let's do some research and see what the real answer is, shall we....

Indiana Code 35-47-2

IC 35-47-2-3
    Application for license to carry handgun; procedure
    (g) A license to carry a handgun shall not be issued to any person who:
    (1) has been convicted of a felony;
    (2) has had a license to carry a handgun suspended, unless the person's license has been reinstated;
    (3) is under eighteen (18) years of age;
    (4) is under twenty-three (23) years of age if the person has been adjudicated a delinquent child for an act that would be a felony if committed by an adult; or
    (5) has been arrested for a Class A or Class B felony, or any other felony that was committed while armed with a deadly weapon or that involved the use of violence, if a court has found probable cause to believe that the person committed the offense charged.
    In the case of an arrest under subdivision (5), a license to carry a handgun may be issued to a person who has been acquitted of the specific offense charged or if the charges for the specific offense are dismissed. The superintendent shall prescribe all forms to be used in connection with the administration of this chapter.
    Interesting what the real statutes say, isn't it?

One of the three biggest sources of misinformation regarding firearms laws continues to be CCW Instructors.
    Last edited by NavyLCDR; 11-27-2011 at 10:25 PM. Reason: To be more agreeable with Deserteagle!
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

ALWAYS read the rules! It used to be 21. (Years ago!)Nice job Navy!

Oh, welcome to the forum tylerchurch55.

Psalm 82:3-5

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    The three biggest sources of misinformation regarding firearms laws continue to be LEO, CCW Instructors, and gun store employees.
    Haha, like I said, every thread is not complete until something bad about cops is said.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Iam2Taz View Post
    ALWAYS read the rules! It used to be 21. (Years ago!)Nice job Navy!

Oh, welcome to the forum tylerchurch55.
    When exactly? As far as I know, Indiana's statute has always been 18. I got mine in 1997, just after turning 18.

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    Haha, like I said, every thread is not complete until something bad about cops is said.
    Even if the truth is bad...it's still the truth. However, I shall edit my comment in a manner with which I think you will be more agreeable to...
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Even if the truth is bad...it's still the truth. However, I shall edit my comment in a manner with which I think you will be more agreeable to...
    Haha I love it, thanks! Since your post was directed at a CCW instructor who gave bad information, it only fits that you make a comment about instructors rather than introduce LEOs into this.
    BTW, did you just now add that you are not anti-cop to your signature?

Im gonna go ahead and give it a "like" to show my support for this here gentleman.

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    BTW, did you just now add that you are not anti-cop to your signature?

Im gonna go ahead and give it a "like" to show my support for this here gentleman.
    Thank you. You should get a door prize - you were either like #1000 or 1001 I have recieved!

Yes, I did just add I am not anti-cop in my signature. And it's true. Probably 99% of police officers are honest, hard working Joes and Janes doing the best they can. Unfortunately, when one of them approaches me in an official capacity, I have no way of knowing if they are a part of the 99% good or 1% bad. Because of that reason, and because I value my 4th amendment rights, I will show the utmost respect to the poice officer, while at the same time refusing to voluntarily waive any of my rights.

It's just like carrying a gun. We may go 10,000 days straight without needing to use it, but we carry it anyway, don't we?

Yes, I did just add I am not anti-cop in my signature.
    Should I make mine, "Im not anti-constitution, Im just pro-cop? Lol I'm just playing. And to answer your question, I dont carry guns because I dont believe in violence and guns kill.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast