BIG O LINEMAN & SHOULDER HOLSTER Hmmm....

Thread: BIG O LINEMAN & SHOULDER HOLSTER Hmmm....

1. BIG O LINEMAN & SHOULDER HOLSTER Hmmm....

Im 6'3" & 400 lbs looking for a shoulder holster for a glock 21.... Issue isn't the gun holster size, its the actual shoulder harness size ITSELF. I play football & am rather big, looking for a shoulder holster that can fit my body without sacrificing safety & comfort...Any giants out there that can recommend from first hand experience or anyone with good suggestions is greatly appreciated... Thanks all & GO PACK!! :D

Dude...you should carry a bigger gun...I bet that G21 looks like a derringer when you're pointing it. And how are you going to scare a bad guy like that? :P

(JUST KIDDING...I'll be serious now. Please don't hurt me.)

I'm thinking with your size, you might need to get something custom-made. Not cheap, unless you have a friend in the leatherworking business. These custom leathercrafters often have wait times into the months too.

With that said, I'm thinking you might want to re-think your choice of holster. I'm guessing you have a barrel chest and maybe a belly up front, which could to some degree impede your ability to reach across and grip a firearm in a defensive situation.

By contrast, your size would impede you much less if you were using a strong-side hip holster. If a belt-slide holds the firearm too tight to your body (good for concealment but not for access), you may need to consider something along the lines of a Fobus or Blackhawk paddle holster made of Kydex.

Hope this helps.
    S&W M&P 45; Ruger GP100 .357 Magnum; Charter Arms .38 Undercover
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/members/phillip-gain-albums-phil-s-photos-picture3828-reciprocity-map-29jun11.JPG

I use an Uncle Mikes with adjustable straps. It can be adjusted to be pretty big, I had to cut some of the extra slack since there is so much.

Uncle Mike's - Pro-Pak Vertical Shoulder Holsters

I am 6'4" and 358#. I have used a Don Hume shoulder holster for my Glock 19 and one for my Colt 1911. They are high quality lined leather, and the holster can be removed and used as a belt holster. The are horizontal carry, with a double mag pouch on the off side. They are adjustable and I have let mine out over the years, they use "Chicago Screws" so it stays put when ajusted. I have used mine on and off the job since 1986, so yes they last well.
    Help your own self - the Government is busy takin' care of itself!
    Retired LEO

6. Thanks you all!