Can I legally have a (really just one) drink with dinner in MS? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Can I legally have a (really just one) drink with dinner in MS?

1. Quote Originally Posted by Keykutter View Post
    The part of the South that I live in, SC, having a beer w/ dinner can happen only if you are unarmed. You are not permitted to carry in any establishment that sells alcohol for consumption in that establishment.

I'm sure Navy can quote the 'exact' text of that part of the law but that's the short version. Not much room for any different interpretation.

KK
    North Carolina law is the same............................

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR:247835
    Welcome to the forum! Did you know there are actually members of this forum who, if they saw you have a beer in a restaurant and knew you had a gun, would get up and leave the premises because of how dangerous they would consider you to be?

I'm looking for MS statutes now.
    He is referring to people like me.

Alcohol and guns don't mix. It's stupid and irresponsible. But Mr passive aggressive Navy believes he can handle it. It's a pity that in one post he is very intelligent then he follows it up with this crap.

To my knowledge you cannot be over the legal limit in colorado. But I wouldn't be caught with a drink in hand while carrying.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider-3 View Post
    To my knowledge you cannot be over the legal limit in colorado.
    Your knowledge is wrong
    18-12-106. Prohibited use of weapons.
    (1) A person commits a class 2 misdemeanor if:
    (d) The person has in his or her possession a firearm while the person is under the influence of intoxicating liquor or of a controlled substance, as defined in section 12-22-303 (7), C.R.S. Possession of a permit issued under section 18-12-105.1, as it existed prior to its repeal, or possession of a permit or a temporary emergency permit issued pursuant to part 2 of this article is no defense to a violation of this subsection (1).
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

My husband makes it a point not to fly a plane if he had drink -- even with just one beer. He is the same with carrying. None at all. I am not into drinking so I am the scout between the two of us if he ever drink, then I drive or fly home or will be preferred to shoot anyone who will want to harm him...and me.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

I don't know what the big deal is ??? Back in the old west days everyone was carrying in the saloons :)

8. All great points and thanks for the welcome and inputs. @Navy: Looks like you found the same articles I found, which still leave question marks in my mind. Think I'll go the conservative route on this one for now. As with anything, risk mitigation is the key. You definitely accept more legal and personal risk if you drink and carry. It's not for everybody, but I think a reasonable, well trained/educated, responsible free man in certain environments can and should be able to enjoy an adult beverage carrying or not. Did I straddle the fence enough on this one?

9. Quote Originally Posted by xdmgator View Post
    I don't know what the big deal is ??? Back in the old west days everyone was carrying in the saloons :)
    Heck, 29 people died every day in 2009 due to drunk driving accidents. Why is it not illegal to possess car keys in a bar or in a restaurant that serves alcohol? How come people don't leave in fear of their lives when they see someone having a beer with dinner that they know has keys in their pocket?

Yet it is soooo dangerous to drink a beer with a gun in a holster that we must pass laws to prohibit the mere possession of a gun in a restaurant that serves alcohol or a bar, and people will leave the building if they see someone having a beer while wearing a gun?

Just a question here: how many of you that would never drink and carry a gun have no problem drinking a beer with car keys in your pocket? Can you really be trusted not to drink and drive and kill someone, or do you honestly think you can handle your alcohol enough not to take the keys out of your pocket and drive?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Another bad an analogy. It's illegal to drink and drive. Having keys in a restaurant is not driving.

If you're really saying you are not affected by alcohol, I just have nothing more I can say. I have thought you have been off the wall in some other post's you have made but this one takes the cake.

I'm kinda really wondering at this point what kind of job you have as a Naval Officer that allows you that type of thinking. Amazing!

Kk

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Heck, 29 people died every day in 2009 due to drunk driving accidents. Why is it not illegal to possess car keys in a bar or in a restaurant that serves alcohol? How come people don't leave in fear of their lives when they see someone having a beer with dinner that they know has keys in their pocket?

Yet it is soooo dangerous to drink a beer with a gun in a holster that we must pass laws to prohibit the mere possession of a gun in a restaurant that serves alcohol or a bar, and people will leave the building if they see someone having a beer while wearing a gun?

Just a question here: how many of you that would never drink and carry a gun have no problem drinking a beer with car keys in your pocket? Can you really be trusted not to drink and drive and kill someone, or do you honestly think you can handle your alcohol enough not to take the keys out of your pocket and drive?

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Your knowledge is wrong
    18-12-106. Prohibited use of weapons.
    (1) A person commits a class 2 misdemeanor if:
    (d) The person has in his or her possession a firearm while the person is under the influence of intoxicating liquor or of a controlled substance, as defined in section 12-22-303 (7), C.R.S. Possession of a permit issued under section 18-12-105.1, as it existed prior to its repeal, or possession of a permit or a temporary emergency permit issued pursuant to part 2 of this article is no defense to a violation of this subsection (1).
    Dang you beat me to it! I was just about to post that!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast