Can I legally have a (really just one) drink with dinner in MS?
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can I legally have a (really just one) drink with dinner in MS?

1. Can I legally have a (really just one) drink with dinner in MS?

I have found some states like TN explicitly state that you cannot drink while carrying. I cannot find anything concrete in any of the Mississippi laws. Most states differentiate that you cannot carry in a bar or the
    portion of a restaurant that is the bar. Does anyone know the answer and have the supporting verbiage? Any other info on states in the SE will be helpful just in case I travel there. Just like to have a beer with dinner. Thanks!

Texas has a no legal limit when you carry.
    Did you learn something new today and did you smile? if not, why?
    Later, Art S.

Welcome to the forum! Did you know there are actually members of this forum who, if they saw you have a beer in a restaurant and knew you had a gun, would get up and leave the premises because of how dangerous they would consider you to be?

I'm looking for MS statutes now.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Welcome to the forum! Did you know, there are actually members of this forum who, if they saw you have a beer in a restaurant and knew you had a gun, would get up and leave the premises because of how dangerous they would consider you to be?

I'm looking for MS statutes now.
    Do they know something about the poster that the rest of us don't?
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

Quote Originally Posted by maybejim View Post
    Do they know something about the poster that the rest of us don't?
    Nope. But I do know of other members that the OP probably doesn't. To wit:
    Quote Originally Posted by grmerrill View Post
    I do however competly disagree with drinking while carrying a firearm. Your brain is your first line of defense, and a little impared is still impared. If I had been there while you were drinking while OCing, I would have been grateful that I knew you had a firearm so I knew it was the right time to leave. I guess that is one benefit of OC over CC. And I know this will bring up comments of "I can handle my beer, you must be a lightweight, uugh I'm a man!!" Drinking while carrying makes me question the persons judgment.
    Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    I do support your right to drink and use/carry firearms if you choose to. But I will leave the room/area if you choose to do so around me and my family.
    and the have a beer with dinner while carrying a gun conversation was probably beat to death in that thread. I'm not against it, BTW. I feel no need to disarm because I am going to have one or two beers in the course of an evening.

The only thing I can find in Mississippi Code is this:

97-37-13. Deadly weapons; weapons and cartridges not to be given to minor or intoxicated person

It shall not be lawful for any person to sell, give or lend to any minor under eighteen (18) years of age or person intoxicated, knowing him to be a minor under eighteen (18) years of age or in a state of intoxication, any deadly weapon, or other weapon the carrying of which concealed is prohibited, or pistol cartridge; and, on conviction thereof, he shall be punished by a fine not more than One Thousand Dollars ($ 1,000.00), or imprisoned in the county jail not exceeding one (1) year, or both.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by payd2fly View Post
    I have found some states like TN explicitly state that you cannot drink while carrying. I cannot find anything concrete in any of the Mississippi laws. Most states differentiate that you cannot carry in a bar or the
    portion of a restaurant that is the bar. Does anyone know the answer and have the supporting verbiage? Any other info on states in the SE will be helpful just in case I travel there. Just like to have a beer with dinner. Thanks!

Are you willing to bet your freedom on the answer you get from some anonymous internet poster?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Even if it's legal, a prosecutor would have a hay day with the fact that you might have been impaired during a shooting incident. Sad, but true.

If you don't know, err on the side of caution and don't drink. One little drinkee is not worth putting your right to legally carry at risk.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

The part of the South that I live in, SC, having a beer w/ dinner can happen only if you are unarmed. You are not permitted to carry in any establishment that sells alcohol for consumption in that establishment.

I'm sure Navy can quote the 'exact' text of that part of the law but that's the short version. Not much room for any different interpretation.

KK

Texas you can drink if you are over .08 you have a serious problem.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast