Non-res permits?

Thread: Non-res permits?

Non-res permits?

I live in Missouri, and they give non-res permits. My question is, when my sister in law and father n law, both live in diferent states each, come to visit for xmas. Would it be easier for them to take a ccw class here and submit paper work or take class in home states and mail in to Missouri for permits. Im going to stop by a local shop/range and ask them. Just checking to see if anyone has had the same situation.
    Also, since my f-i-l lives in Kalifornia, southern, where can he go to take a class there. And will Kalifornia not let him get another states non-res permit?
    Thanks, Mark S.

I would think it will be easier for them to get a class here for their ccw. When my youngest son was home two Christmases ago, that was our Christmas present to him. He lives in North Dakota. He got his CCW here easy. Just my opinion.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

If you used the concealed carry map on this form it tells you Kalifornia does not honor any states carry permits. So your F-I-L will have to get a Kaliforia CCW. I'm a Bay Area Kalifornia transplant to OK. I will never live in Kommie that state again.

Soverign State of Poverty Knob near Tennessee

Exclamation

I Believe you are mistaken about the non-resident permits for Missouri. They are a MUST issue state for RESIDENTS of the state. They will honor about 48 (?) other state's permits.

http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_ca...city_maps.html

Missouri Concealed Carry Permit Information

Concealed Permit:
    Shall Issue to Residents Only

What does a Missouri Concealed Carry Permit look like?

Missouri Concealed Carry Permit on State ID

Issuing Authority:
    Your city or county sheriff

Out Of State Permit Issue:
    No
    Let's hear it for Gun Free Zones... Public places where the criminal has a monopoly
    on self defense. - Gary Nelson 2012

Quote Originally Posted by WB9IIE View Post
    I Believe you are mistaken about the non-resident permits for Missouri. They are a MUST issue state for RESIDENTS of the state. They will honor about 48 (?) other state's permits.
    ^^ This. MO honors all other states' permits...and does not issue a non-resident permit.

571.101. 1. All applicants for concealed carry endorsements issued pursuant to subsection 7 of this section must satisfy the requirements of sections 571.101 to 571.121. If the said applicant can show qualification as provided by sections 571.101 to 571.121, the county or city sheriff shall issue a certificate of qualification for a concealed carry endorsement. Upon receipt of such certificate, the certificate holder shall apply for a driver's license or nondriver's license with the director of revenue in order to obtain a concealed carry endorsement. Any person who has been issued a concealed carry endorsement on a driver's license or nondriver's license and such endorsement or license has not been suspended, revoked, cancelled, or denied may carry concealed firearms on or about his or her person or within a vehicle. A concealed carry endorsement shall be valid for a period of three years from the date of issuance or renewal. The concealed carry endorsement is valid throughout this state.

2. A certificate of qualification for a concealed carry endorsement issued pursuant to subsection 7 of this section shall be issued by the sheriff or his or her designee of the county or city in which the applicant resides, if the applicant:

(1) Is at least twenty-one years of age, is a citizen of the United States and either:

(a) Has assumed residency in this state; or

(b) Is a member of the armed forces stationed in Missouri, or the spouse of such member of the military;

You beat me to it, KS and MO do not issue to non-res. I live in KS on the border and my MO ccw friends always ask why I didnt get a MO nonres permit? (mo has more resiprocity) I have to ecxplain that if the libs take over again in ks it becomes harder for them to take away my ks permit and then there is fact that mo doesnt offer nonres permits. Silly missourians.

Yes...I am sorry. Our son lives in North Dakota and I asked him about his permit: he said he listed down our address here in MO to get his license. Sorry for the confusion. I asked hubby to ask him a while ago and above is what he said. His non-res is FL.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

9. No ordinary civilian carry permits are issued or honored in American Samoa, Washington D.C., Illinois and The Northern Marianas Islands.

It looks like an AZ non-resident permit would give your F.I.L. carry priviliges everywhere else but CA, CO, CT, FL, GU, HI, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, NJ, NH, NY, NYC, OR, Peurto Rico, RI, SC, VI and WA.

CA has not made it illegal for its residents to apply for out-of-state carry permits, but of course it will not honor any permit but a CA permit, regardless of where the permit holder resides.

Depending upon where S.I.L. lives, she may find that permit(s) from other state(s) may help her better.