Taurus 22?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Taurus 22?

1. Taurus 22?

Saw a Taurus 22 in Guns & Ammo magazine the other day, and I'm wondering if I could get some feedback about the gun. Looked like a good concealment gun, easy to hide. All input would help

3. My wife carries her Taurus PT22 daily. It shoots great for a little gun. It took a while to break in. Only certain ammos feed properly.

I've only fired one Taurus. It was a revolver and really felt like a POS to me. I've heard many bad things about Taurus and they are known for horrific customer service. YMMV

Also.....a .22 for concealed carry? I'd think about a larger caliber if I were you. Again...YMMV

5. Taurus P22 ply

We also saw the article and went out and bought one! We ran a 100 rounds thru it without a problem and it is dead on accurate.The feature of raising the barrel to load the first bullet means the slide does not have to be racked. It is very easy to break down and clean. Besides all that....reallly fun to shoot. It must be pretty popular because it took us a month to find one. Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_S View Post
    I've only fired one Taurus. It was a revolver and really felt like a POS to me. I've heard many bad things about Taurus and they are known for horrific customer service. YMMV

Also.....a .22 for concealed carry? I'd think about a larger caliber if I were you. Again...YMMV
    I'm not certain if your "scientific research" effort is sufficient for any of us to place any confidence in your humble estimation and negative rep of Taurus.

You offer us your single episode of firing a Taurus, in which, I gather, there were no REAL malfunctions. It just didn't "feel" right to you. Then you go on to toss in "hearsay" evidence (non-admissable) on the entire brand and customer service.

Hopefully your instructor's methods are better "researched" and tried and proven more so than your method of "field testing".

Just sayin'.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

7. Taurus has really gotten their stuff together over the years but the problem is these guys go into gun shops and talk to completely inexperienced clerks who bad mouth Taurus. Then they walk out of the store and spread the word as if they have any experience whatsoever. The Taurus 709, 809, 738, pt22/25, millennium series, 24/7 series and their 1911 are all great guns. I'd also trust my life with any of their revolvers. Please let go of the Taurus hate. Any and all gun manufacturers have lemons. Taurus has a great customer service department, warranty and fast turn around.

My opinion on the Taurus 22 for concealed carry for the lady, its a good choice. Very small recoil makes for great follow ups, its small and easy to hide and its also very cheap to shoot and break in. Just make sure to purchase and try different ammo options as a lot of 22lr ammo is mass produced and dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
    I'm not certain if your "scientific research" effort is sufficient for any of us to place any confidence in your humble estimation and negative rep of Taurus.

You offer us your single episode of firing a Taurus, in which, I gather, there were no REAL malfunctions. It just didn't "feel" right to you. Then you go on to toss in "hearsay" evidence (non-admissable) on the entire brand and customer service.

Hopefully your instructor's methods are better "researched" and tried and proven more so than your method of "field testing".

Just sayin'.

GG
    I'm not certain if I really care what you think of my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_S View Post
    I'm not certain if I really care what you think of my post.
    .... and us your claim to be an "Instructor". Sounds more like just another opinionated prig banking on his laurels. (Or trying to.)

But, I will let the judgement of readers render verdict here. You already have mine.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

As an owner of two Taurus PT1911s I'd say Rich S is wrong. Both are .45s and both have been dead accurate from day one. Yes I have fired +P rounds thru the blued one. Worked fine with everything I have fed it. No it didn't break. +P rounds have gone thru the stainless one too. We'll see what it is like after 1000 rounds but so far, so good.Taurus 22?-2011_12050581.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Cotillion View Post
    Taurus has really gotten their stuff together over the years but the problem is these guys go into gun shops and talk to completely inexperienced clerks who bad mouth Taurus. Then they walk out of the store and spread the word as if they have any experience whatsoever. The Taurus 709, 809, 738, pt22/25, millennium series, 24/7 series and their 1911 are all great guns. I'd also trust my life with any of their revolvers. Please let go of the Taurus hate. Any and all gun manufacturers have lemons. Taurus has a great customer service department, warranty and fast turn around.

My opinion on the Taurus 22 for concealed carry for the lady, its a good choice. Very small recoil makes for great follow ups, its small and easy to hide and its also very cheap to shoot and break in. Just make sure to purchase and try different ammo options as a lot of 22lr ammo is mass produced and dirty.
    .22lr for concealed carry? Questions for you: What is the most finnicky caliber that is most prone to failure? How many times have you had to strike a rim fire cartridge multiple times before it went off? Are you willing to bet your life on that?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast