LEO question - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LEO question

Welcome to the forum, teds!

Well, we know for a fact that the Canton OH police don't favor concealed carry...

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Ohio requires you to inform immediately obey your state and local laws.

Beyond that, this horse is dead you may stop beating it now.
    Does that go for my wife as well?
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Is she dead yet? :):)

KK ;)

Quote Originally Posted by muccione View Post
    well if the cops would do a better job of going to the known places and stop criminal activity, getting guns out of the hands of bad guys. The court system to levy extreme punishments for criminals that use firearms.
    And just so you know most LEOs think they are better than you. Above the law and all. You are NOT worthy of carrying a gun.
    Taking a CCW class from a cop is like having a Democrat teaching you how to be a Republican.
    So you come to the conclusion that LEOs think that they are better than you. Above the law and all.

Strange you have never met me but somehow know me better than I know myself.
    -Austin

6. Canton was bad for many reasons. I think our attitude will dictate how any of the leo 's react to these laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by muccione View Post
    well if the cops would do a better job of going to the known places and stop criminal activity, getting guns out of the hands of bad guys. The court system to levy extreme punishments for criminals that use firearms.
    And just so you know most LEOs think they are better than you. Above the law and all. You are NOT worthy of carrying a gun.
    Taking a CCW class from a cop is like having a Democrat teaching you how to be a Republican.
    So you come to the conclusion that LEOs think that they are better than you. Above the law and all.

Could not of said it better myself Austin !!!!

8. Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post

Nope but YouTube is loaded with vids on how Oklahoma police treat citizens and EMT's like Maurice White.

Repeat Youtube video "Police Brutality: Cop Kills Dog, Tries To Buy Owner's Silence!" on YouRepeat.com, the best Youtube Repeater on the web!
    Want more.
    You should read better Inspector Gadget. I said MOST. Not ALL or Austin. Most of the LEOs I personally know feel and act as I stated.
    I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Please accept my apologies. And NO I will NOT be going to Oklahoma EVER.

P*L*A PLUS a "number of times you expect to be stopped in a given time period". (In my particular case, four times in nearly fifty years of driving.)

Of those four, two were for speeding (not reckless excess you understand) and two for seat belt violations. (Said "LAW" sticks in my craw anyway.)

Of the four, only one was I required by law to "warn" I was carrying.... the most recent.

The LEO did NOT "hassle" me, but he DID "call for back up" to handle "a gun situation" (as he termed it), the putz. So while the stopping officer ran my credentials, the "back up officer" and myself stood around chit chatting about guns in general.... His Glock (which he didn't like) and my Beretta.... and other stuff.

Lesson: The "let them know" requirement at routine (for them) stops strikes me as being a bit overzealous and apparently does NOT set an LEO, necessarily, "at ease". In fact, from my singular experience in the situation, seems to disturb them. (At least the one I got through luck of the draw.)

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

As stated before in Texas if you are carrying you must inform, don't like it but it is the law, cc license is connected to your drivers license and they will know if you have a license to carry, has not been an issue in the stops I have had including Border Patrol checkpoints. Usully wind up discussing guns and carry and feel cc license has stopped speeding tickets or reduced same to warning only.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12