Got spotted in a gun store
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Got spotted in a gun store

Got spotted in a gun store

I was carrying my LC9 when I stopped by a local gun store looking for a sizing die. I had on a cover shirt that covers the entire gun but it seems when I bent over at the waist to look on a low shelf it printed very well.
    Then a voice from behind the counter ask me what kind of 45 I was carrying. I stood and told him it was an LC9. Was a little embarassed that I had been discovered but then I thought it was a gun guy that spotted me and he'd know what that print was.
    Anybody else been outted?

I haven't been yet but I'm sure it will happen to most people at one point or another. I usually try to squat when looking at something on a low shelf. Due in part to the fact that I carry and also because I have a herniated disk. I normaly wear a 2x tall button down shirt unbuttoned at a cover shirt. Carry a Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm full size.

If a guy who works at a gun store automatically assumes any gun he sees through a shirt is a .45, I would not be as embarrassed as he should be. Anybody who doesnt know much about guns, especially liberals, think the only handguns are the "9 millimeter", a "45", or a Glock.

We already have a pretty lengthy thread on this topic about being discovered, I would suggest taking a look at it.

5. well ok then deserteagle....give us a link,,,

Normally I pocket carry but with a little bit of cool weather here in S. Florida I'll wear an overshirt. This gives me an opportunity to carry some of my pistols that normally would stay home. The other day I had my HK P2000 on my hip (under the shirt of course) and walked out of the supermarket when I got hit with a strong gust of wind. My overshirt flew up and open, exposing the pistol for an instant. Not sure if anyone saw it but it was pretty busy and there were a lot of people around. I just kept walking. Fortunately earlier this year such accidental flashings were decriminalized in Florida.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Quote Originally Posted by pathfyndr View Post
    well ok then deserteagle....give us a link,,,
    Last post is barely a week old:
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/conce...r-conceal.html

and I'm not sure if this one really qualifies or not:
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

As a fortunate resident of one of America's free-er states, Arizona, my response is a bemused, "So what?" Here, if you aren't carrying, we worry.

Quote Originally Posted by pathfyndr View Post
    well ok then deserteagle....give us a link,,,
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Last post is barely a week old:

and I'm not sure if this one really qualifies or not:
    Pathfynder, it was still on the first page of the CC forums...
    Navy- Thanks buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by A.Quigley:248270
    I was carrying my LC9 when I stopped by a local gun store looking for a sizing die. I had on a cover shirt that covers the entire gun but it seems when I bent over at the waist to look on a low shelf it printed very well.
    Then a voice from behind the counter ask me what kind of 45 I was carrying. I stood and told him it was an LC9. Was a little embarassed that I had been discovered but then I thought it was a gun guy that spotted me and he'd know what that print was.
    Anybody else been outted?
    Its no big deal that someone saw you. You were in a Gun Store ". People who go to Gun Stores usually have guns or are looking for one. And beside, it your business what you have and no one else.

Recently in Wal-Mart I knelt down to check an item on the lower shelf. My back was almost against the shelf behind me. As I stood back up, a gentleman said "Excuse me officer" as he passed in front of me. I was dressed in blue jeans, a dark navy blue or black tee-shirt with one of my usual long cover shirts. Since I am not a police officer, this surprised me, but I did not show it. Of course I was carrying, but this was the first time I had ever been outted.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast