Which state is the easiest state to get a Concealed carry permit
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: Which state is the easiest state to get a Concealed carry permit

  1. #1

    Which state is the easiest state to get a Concealed carry permit

    I know this question has probally been already answered but i'll ask it anyway Which state is the easiest state to apply and receive a ccw for personal protection. I have already applied here in Utah but I was just wondering which states were the easiest outside of the commie states like CA,NY,IL and a few others Thanks in advance for your answers

    Last edited by lukem; 03-21-2012 at 10:45 PM.

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    washington state
    Washington is real easy. Just pay $55 , fill out the 1 page form, be fingerprinted, pass a background check, and your set for 5 years. The resident permit is good in 25 states.

  4. #3
    Like you said, Aside from the commie states, everywhere is about the same.

  5. #4
    Texas and FL and like stated above Washington state.

  6. Ohio I got approved one day

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Valrico, FL
    New Hampshire... no permit required
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale64 View Post
    New Hampshire... no permit required

    You do need a permit to CC in NH. VT would be the easiest since they don't issue any firearms licenses of any kind. You turn 21, walk into a gun shop, give them money, and walk out with a CC handgun.....

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    New Hampshire
    VT and AK as neither one require a permit. AK offers them if you travel. NH does not require a permit to OC but once you are in your vehicle it is CCing so it must be unloaded. For NH resident its $15 fill out a form and less than two weeks you get your permit. For nonresidents its 100 for around 5 years but it tales longer.

    If you are looking for nonresident permits look at FL and Utah. After that you might have to go state by state.

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Western South Dakota
    SD - $10, short form, no prints, no photo, no training required. Temp permit in your hand in 5 working days (or less), laminated card within 30 days (usually two weeks.)

  11. #10
    PA...$20...no prints, no training...they take your photo...1 page form. Many counties issued in 15ish minutes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts