What is the most friendly State for Conceled Carry - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is the most friendly State for Conceled Carry

1. Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    The People's Republic of Illinois says it's a felony to travel with a firearm.
    Wrong.

Firearm Owner's Frequently Asked Questions

"IF A NON-RESIDENT IS VISITING ILLINOIS,
    HUNTING, OR TRAVELING THROUGH WITH
    A FIREARM, HOW DO THEY LEGALLY
    TRANSPORT IT?
    Non-residents must be legally eligible to possess
    or acquire firearms and ammunition. Non residents
    are not required to have an Illinois FOID Card. It is
    recommended that in order to be in compliance with all
    statutes, non-residents transport all firearms:
    1. broken down in a non-functioning state; or
    2. not immediately accessible; or
    3. unloaded and enclosed in a case, firearm carrying
    box, shipping box, or other container."
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Absolutely 100% false information. It is illegal in all but 4 states to CONCEAL a handgun without a permit/license. That has little to do with carrying a firearm.

For example, I only possess a WA CPL. It is not valid in Colorado or Wyoming. When I travelled to Wyoming, I flew from Seattle to Denver with an unloaded handgun locked in a case. Got to the Denver airport, picked up my luggage, got my rental car. About 45 minutes later I crossed the Denver county line on my way to Wyoming. I retrieved my handgun out of the case, loaded it, put it in the holster on my belt and LEGALLY openly carried the loaded handgun on my person for the remainder of my trip through the rest of Colorado and in Wyoming, until I got to the Denver county line on my return, where I unloaded the gun and locked it back in the case.

Washington is another state where you can legally open carry your loaded handgun, outside a vehicle, with no license required.

One must remain cognizant of the Federal prohibition against carrying loaded firearms within 1000' of a school, without a license issued by the state the school is in, however. You guys in Vermont violate that one all the time, though.

Open Carry | OpenCarry.org
    let me clarify, carry = concealed carry and I stand by my opinion, residents of VT cannot legally carry their guns on their person in 46 of the 50 US states plus DC.
    I know that you are one of those OC zealots, but I believe what you're advocating is wrong. while it may be legal for a resident of CO to OC with no permit I don't think that the right to do so extends to a non resident. However this is where the debate ends because 1. I am not a VT resident and I couldn't care less about how their permitting system or lack of inhibits their traveling armed and 2. I do not care to OC anywhere at anytime and I only bring my firearms to states where I can legally carry them.

What is the most friendly State for Conceled Carry

Virginia has open carry and you can get your CCP class online for $50.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Diealotz View Post
    Kentucky = friendly and gun friendly.

Except for that guy behind me who was pissed because I wasn't driving fast enough LOL... Hemad :p
    I wasn't pissed. :)

I do agree that Ky is a very friendly and gun friendly state. We did solve the whole glovebox center console issue of weather it's concealed or not. No issue if it's loaded unloaded its open carry. No license needed. Only a few places off limits. Courthouse,schools,federal places. We don't have to worry about no gun signs unless it's at a place that the law says. Only thing they can get you for is criminal trespassing if you don't leave when the cops tell you to.

That covers the legal parts.

As for gun friendly people wise. Two words Knobb Creek.
    Andrew

6. Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    let me clarify, carry = concealed carry and I stand by my opinion, residents of VT cannot legally carry their guns on their person in 46 of the 50 US states plus DC.
    I know that you are one of those OC zealots, but I believe what you're advocating is wrong. while it may be legal for a resident of CO to OC with no permit I don't think that the right to do so extends to a non resident. However this is where the debate ends because 1. I am not a VT resident and I couldn't care less about how their permitting system or lack of inhibits their traveling armed and 2. I do not care to OC anywhere at anytime and I only bring my firearms to states where I can legally carry them.
    Got it. You are only interested in promoting your personal opinion rather than accurate, factual information. That's good to know.

I find it funny that you would rather not carry a firearm at all because you can't legally conceal it, rather than *GASP* open carry it like some zealot. Or do you just unlawfully conceal? Seems like messed up priorities to me, but to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    but I believe what you're advocating is wrong. while it may be legal for a resident of CO to OC with no permit I don't think that the right to do so extends to a non resident.
    You are welcome to believe whatever you want to. You won't take the time to do the research and find out the factual answer.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Got it. You are only interested in promoting your personal opinion rather than accurate, factual information. That's good to know.

I find it funny that you would rather not carry a firearm at all because you can't legally conceal it, rather than *GASP* open carry it like some zealot. Or do you just unlawfully conceal? Seems like messed up priorities to me, but to each their own.

You are welcome to believe whatever you want to. You won't take the time to do the research and find out the factual answer.
    sir you are a terrible advocate for your cause, you OC people are your own worst enemies!

you seem to like to research, why don't you research why OC went down last year when it was up for a vote in the FLA legislature, here's a hint, some overbearing OC kooks got into the wrong people's faces and down it went.

you OC people study tact and proper decorum. maybe a dale carnegie course

sir you are a terrible advocate for your cause, you OC people are your own worst enemies!

you seem to like to research, why don't you research why OC went down last year when it was up for a vote in the FLA legislature, here's a hint, some overbearing OC kooks got into the wrong people's faces and down it went.

I stand corrected

^ hemad :p
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

9. Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post

Haha, you are funny guy. Let's see....how many states is open carry legal in now? Hmmmm..... 43!, with Oklahoma being added this year. It's because of semi "pro-gun" people like you that we have to fight for our gun rights. You are all for people carrying guns - so long as it fits into your mold of what you deem to be acceptable. We "open carry zealots" don't need to be our own worst enemies. We have plenty of "pro-2A" enemies out there who would rather protect themselves with a concealed carry permit and the element of surprise than a gun and get their panties all in a bunch when someone suggests an alternative.

What do you mean YOU PEOPLE?

What is the most friendly State for Conceled Carry-448x249px-ll-3dd0d362_what-do-you-mean-you-people-tropic-thunder-movie-1309633407.jpg
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Blog Entries
    Lol i have heard "horror stories" from people like apvbguy about "printing." I literally LMAO when i hear this crap. In most states you can OC. Here in WI, its constitutional, as it should be!

Maybe I should only drive on Thursdays and not make left turns because it might offend the person behind me if they have to switch lanes while I turn...thats about how rediculous it is for CC only idiots to condemn OC.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast