Another Example of Firearm Ignorance - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Another Example of Firearm Ignorance

JSDinTexas Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob_ny View Post
    Oh wow, I agree. I live in the rochester suburbs. NYS is getting stupid crazy with the seven round mag capacity.
    I'll bet it was a GLOCK. GLOCK people are not to smart.
    And this is a comment from a yahoo that let's his legislators take away his 2nd Amendment rights.

3. Quote Originally Posted by JSDinTexas View Post
    And this is a comment from a yahoo that let's his legislators take away his 2nd Amendment rights.
    You are absolutely correct ,lol. I stand corrected

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanquished View Post
    As much as I like the fact that SC is pretty lenient and still free. There is one thing that I do agree with stupid MA on, and it's requiring a firearms course to get a license. When I picked up my gun in SC no safety course was required. Just walked in picked it up and walked out (no license needed either). In MA you have to take a 4 hour basic firearms course which primarily informed us on all all the relevant for us (east coast) laws and obviously more in depth on our state laws.

I think everyone buying a gun for the first time should have to take this course, firearms laws are convoluted to say the least, it's really beneficial if you at least have some idea what they are.
    You lost me at "license". What is this license that you speak of?
    A 4 hour basic firearms course primarily focusing on laws? Where did the "basic firearms" part come in?

Please tell me you aren't a voter here!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CarryNM View Post
    Flame Me now!!!! If you are a first time firearm owner, then you need to be informed of how to handle and use that particular firearm. Put some of the responsibility on the seller (ie gun shop) to assure that the purchaser has a general knowledge of handling and safety. At a gun show recently an acquaintance of mine had just completed a CHL course that My Wife and I had taken, and brought a SA 9mm for me to check out, and tried to hand it to me muzzle first, with magazine installed, and slide in battery position. I should have shot him as I was carrying concealed. I immediately sought out his instructor and informed him of this infraction. This person has NO RIGHT to own this gun, until he learns proper handling and use.
    Consider yourself flamed. "I should have shot him as I was carrying concealed"
    If anyone needs to be disarmed, it's you. Get your head on straight.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234