Another Example of Firearm Ignorance
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34

Thread: Another Example of Firearm Ignorance

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina/Charleston
    Posts
    2,388

    Another Example of Firearm Ignorance

    Just read in paper of a 25 year old man from Chesnee, SC, who attended a wedding in the Rochester, NY area and brought along his firearm. G-d forbid the idiot should have checked his ability to bring the firearm into NYS, where he, of course, did not have a permit. To make matters worse, the idiot left the firearm behind, under his pillow, when he checked out. Nothing like showing the gun control people how intelligent and responsible we are.

  2.   
  3. Oh wow, I agree. I live in the rochester suburbs. NYS is getting stupid crazy with the seven round mag capacity.
    I'll bet it was a GLOCK. GLOCK people are not to smart.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Austin, Texas, United States
    Posts
    321
    Hey, this Glock person was smart enough to get the hell out of NY and move to Texas. I invite you all to join me down here. Just don't bring your old ways of voting with you.
    Charlie Given
    Benefactor Life Member NRA and NRA Golden Eagle
    Life Member Gun Owners of America, Life Member of Texas State Rifle Association

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Just read in paper of a 25 year old man from Chesnee, SC, who attended a wedding in the Rochester, NY area and brought along his firearm. G-d forbid the idiot should have checked his ability to bring the firearm into NYS, where he, of course, did not have a permit. To make matters worse, the idiot left the firearm behind, under his pillow, when he checked out. Nothing like showing the gun control people how intelligent and responsible we are.
    This is the kind of thing that dooms us as "responsible" gun owners - people who do not assume and shoulder the "awesome responsibility" that comes with the right.
    Si vis pacem para bellum

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Wellesley, Massachusetts
    Posts
    40
    As much as I like the fact that SC is pretty lenient and still free. There is one thing that I do agree with stupid MA on, and it's requiring a firearms course to get a license. When I picked up my gun in SC no safety course was required. Just walked in picked it up and walked out (no license needed either). In MA you have to take a 4 hour basic firearms course which primarily informed us on all all the relevant for us (east coast) laws and obviously more in depth on our state laws.

    I think everyone buying a gun for the first time should have to take this course, firearms laws are convoluted to say the least, it's really beneficial if you at least have some idea what they are.

  7. i took the course ,yes im a wnyer, its really bad here right now, did you hear cumo went through our medical records looking for people who have ever been on anti-depressants in the last 10yrs. yea he broke the law our lawyer in hamburg n.y max t. is fighting for us.

  8. #7
    interesting that all those with a NYS concealed carry permit could have carried at the wedding reception even if it was held in a tavern and they were ingesting alcohol, and could have carried in the church during the ceremony, and could have carried to the hospital if someone got injured at the wedding and needed to go to the emergency room.

    How would that have worked out "leave-it-in-the-car" states like SC or TX?

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanquished View Post
    As much as I like the fact that SC is pretty lenient and still free. There is one thing that I do agree with stupid MA on, and it's requiring a firearms course to get a license. When I picked up my gun in SC no safety course was required. Just walked in picked it up and walked out (no license needed either). In MA you have to take a 4 hour basic firearms course which primarily informed us on all all the relevant for us (east coast) laws and obviously more in depth on our state laws.

    I think everyone buying a gun for the first time should have to take this course, firearms laws are convoluted to say the least, it's really beneficial if you at least have some idea what they are.
    Encouraged, sure that sounds great! Required...that sounds horrible. Sounds as horrible as all the other infringements.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanquished View Post
    As much as I like the fact that SC is pretty lenient and still free. There is one thing that I do agree with stupid MA on, and it's requiring a firearms course to get a license. When I picked up my gun in SC no safety course was required. Just walked in picked it up and walked out (no license needed either). In MA you have to take a 4 hour basic firearms course which primarily informed us on all all the relevant for us (east coast) laws and obviously more in depth on our state laws.

    I think everyone buying a gun for the first time should have to take this course, firearms laws are convoluted to say the least, it's really beneficial if you at least have some idea what they are.
    I have to disagree with you my friend. I'm sorry but if you need a 4 hour course which covers Laws regarding firearms then your rights are being infringed heavily. I have to disagree with a license to purchase a firearm. a license implies needing to get permission from an authority to do something/possess something that is otherwise illegal. I agree with training however but making it manditory just to buy a gun is not really liberty oriented. The truth is that firearms are not that complicated and very easy to operate and do not require extensive training before anyone simply buys one. Personally, I would take offense if I was told I was not capable of handling a firearm without undergoing training. Just seems like another way our rights are being infringed.

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    interesting that all those with a NYS concealed carry permit could have carried at the wedding reception even if it was held in a tavern and they were ingesting alcohol, and could have carried in the church during the ceremony, and could have carried to the hospital if someone got injured at the wedding and needed to go to the emergency room.

    How would that have worked out "leave-it-in-the-car" states like SC or TX?
    So glad I don't live in New York...
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.


Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast