Michigan CPL question - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Michigan CPL question

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by helocentric View Post
    If the law says they will honor a Florida permit, and I obtain one, then I am abiding by the law.

I am on here to clarify if my understanding of the law is correct.

Since you obviously are unable to answer it, please keep your assumptions about me to yourself.
    If I remember correctly MI only honors non MI permits held by non MI residents...

Yes you can get a FL permit, some states will recognize it, but if you try and pass it off here.... You may loose your MI CPL for a heap longer than the 3 years for your DUI!!

Want you CCW back earlier? try a good pro lawyer, head over to Michigan Gun Owners / MGO forrum they have a "legal beagle" section and several good lawyers hang out there, ask them it is free and if you need to retain them as counsel at least you have someone on your side with a background in firearms issues...
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    If I remember correctly MI only honors non MI permits held by non MI residents...

Yes you can get a FL permit, some states will recognize it, but if you try and pass it off here.... You may loose your MI CPL for a heap longer than the 3 years for your DUI!!

Want you CCW back earlier? try a good pro lawyer, head over to Michigan Gun Owners / MGO forrum they have a "legal beagle" section and several good lawyers hang out there, ask them it is free and if you need to retain them as counsel at least you have someone on your side with a background in firearms issues...
    And only when the cpl is issued by the state of residence of the non-resident. Michigan does not recognize CPLs issued by third party states.

4. Thank you to all those that have answered the questions asked, and after further research (assisted by your answers), I understand that obtaining a Florida permit would not allow me to conceal-carry in this state.

To CaptainPalace and all those that decided to ignore the specific question asked and repeat back to me my already asserted knowledge that my Michigan CPL was suspended, may I suggest a course or two of readers comprehension. I am well aware that my Michigan issued CPL was suspended, that's why I stated it as a fact in my original post. My question was would I be legal to carry if I obtained license from a state that was on the reciprocity list. It doesn't matter to me whether or not you believe this to be "skirting the law", I wanted to know if it would in fact be legal. If you wan't to get all high and mighty about being law abiding citizens, if you have sped more then 4 or 5 times in the last 3 years (regardless of being caught of not), please feel free to cut up your drivers licence, because had you been caught each of those times you would lose it. As I have previously stated, I made a mistake to drive when I did, and I do not make excuses for it, the fact remains people make mistakes. I have no problems with people having their CPL's confiscated when carrying while consuming, which is why I never mix alcohol and firearms. Additionally, DUI's now-days are more money makers than anything, .08 is nothing more than a couple tall beers with dinner, many states had higher limits of .10 or higher before they were strong-armed by the federal government into reducing those numbers.

5. Well it's a friendly forum and folks usually get more than the asked for or needed but there is never an extra charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12