nationwide conceal permit - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: nationwide conceal permit

If we had a nationwide permit, it would have to be issued by the Federal Government. Congress would get to write the regulation. Federal policy: always follow model that restricts the most and costs the least to implement.

Best models: NY, CA and IL

Permits to be issued only to police, politicians and rich buddies of both.

Easy on the paperwork and wouldn't PO contributors to campaign funds (most important consideration)

Wow, what a great idea!
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher,Independent Voter, Goldwater Conservative.

Two things to say about a national CCWP:
    1. Good idea in that it ends this mishmosh over what state you can or cannot CC in depending on which state issued your CCWP
    2. Terrible idea in that this means the federal government is involved That is the government asylum run by the inmates and includes every conceivable kind of gun control idiot in the world. It is also the government that would like nothing better than to know where every gun owner lives and who they are.
    Point 2, IMO, trumps Point 1 by miles. I do not trust this government led by a moslem dictator wannabe who finds the Constitution to be an impediment to his dreams and self gratification, and his crazy minions led by reid, pelosi and a host of absolute maniacs like feinstein and schumer.
    Bottom line: Know your gun laws and those of the states you intend to visit or drive through before you strap up and CC. There is and probably never be a national CCWP--not with this government around.

4. As far as I know NY does not issue non-resident permits. Heck our permit doesn't even allow us to carry through the entire state (NYC)

Quote Originally Posted by davis25 View Post
    I have a conceal carry permit in new Hampshire, but I work in mass and hunt in Maine, new York, Vermont and Maryland. Is there such thing as I nationwide conceal permit. if so is it imposable to get and how much would it cost.

thanks
    Yes there is... it's called being licensed as a municipal police officer, or as a federal law enforcement agent. They and they alone get to carry without state restrictions.

Be very wary of what you ask for. A National carry permit would be run by the Feds. The Feds would then control what restrictions came with it. This would be the beginning of the end of carrying.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by davis25 View Post
    I have a conceal carry permit in new Hampshire, but I work in mass and hunt in Maine, new York, Vermont and Maryland. Is there such thing as I nationwide conceal permit. if so is it imposable to get and how much would it cost.

thanks
    I just noticed this was your first post. Welcome to the forum.

I live in PA and have your very same problem. I ended up getting the UT permit. Before getting the UT permit, the states that border mine (NY, OH, MD, WV, DE, NJ) didn't have reciprocity with PA.... therefore I couldn't carry outside my state at all. Then about 5 years ago or so (don't' quote me) WV opened up reciprocity with PA. The UT permit however, gave me OH and DE. That left MD, NY, and NJ. I have found no feasible way to get either of these states to issue me a permit. They are some of the worst in this country. This leaves me with 3 states that I border that I can carry through, and 3 that I cannot. In other words, I cannot travel north and east from my state and legally carry.

Read, read, read. Educate yourself as much as you can and follow what these states do. Some day there may be a door you can squeeze through. But at this point, they are all "may issue" states, not "shall issue".

Good luck to you sir.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

7. Most if not all will allow you to travel through there state but you might have to unload it and put it in a lock container in the state that don't reciprocity with the state that you gone your premit from.

All we need is to follow the Constitution and force all states to recognize carry permits from all other states, just like with Driver's licenses. Of course we could really follow the Constitution and do away with all laws infringing on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12