nationwide conceal permit
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nationwide conceal permit

1. nationwide conceal permit

I have a conceal carry permit in new Hampshire, but I work in mass and hunt in Maine, new York, Vermont and Maryland. Is there such thing as I nationwide conceal permit. if so is it imposable to get and how much would it cost.

thanks

3. You're kidding, right?

Ummmmmmm. No..............new to conceal carry?

Send me $500 and I ll print it right out for you

It's called the second amendment. Are your rights worth fighting for? Dying for?
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

JSDinTexas Guest
    Gotta love those Yankees, they always come up with some kind of joke.

Come on guys. He's obviously new, so cut him some slack. We all started from a position of ignorance, but we've gotten educated, somehow. Davis, there is no nationwide CCW license, though several attempts have been brought up in congress. There are a couple of states (Utah and Florida) that have the best coverage for non-residents, but as I look at the reciprocity maps, it doesn't appear they'll do you much good. Northeastern states (in general) are very anti-2A. Take a look at the maps on this site and each state's info to see if you can get non-resident permits in the desired areas.

And welcome to the world of concealed carry.

If any of those states offered a widely-accepted non-resident permit, you'd be in good shape. As it is though, it's a real maze with the states you mention.
    Of these states (VT,MA,ME,MD,NY),only Vermont will honor your NH permit. for all of the others, none of them appear to have reciprocity agreements on non-resident permits-- so you would need a separate non-resident permit for each of the other four states.
    Maine is a "shall issue" state, so you could probably meet the requirements easily.
    As far as Massachusetts, New York and Maryland are concerned, all I can say is "good luck". These are all "may issue" states, which means they can deny your application for whatever reason they choose unless you can meet the strict restriction requirements and be able to demonstrate your "need" for the permit. Like I said, good luck-- particularly in New York and Maryland, both of which are increasingly anti-2A.
    A gun is like a parachute; if you don't have one when you need it, it is unlikely that you will EVER need one again.

MD doesn't honor any other state permits.
    "Beware the fury of a patient man." --John Dryden,
    British poet, critic and playwright

Quote Originally Posted by davis25 View Post
    I have a conceal carry permit in new Hampshire, but I work in mass and hunt in Maine, new York, Vermont and Maryland. Is there such thing as I nationwide conceal permit. if so is it imposable to get and how much would it cost.

thanks
    Yes. It's called a badge. Sworn LEOs can legally carry anywhere in the country with their badge.

Oh you mean for us normal folk? Lol...better start writing your reps..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast