Insurance cover for a self defense civil lawsuit? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Insurance cover for a self defense civil lawsuit?

Colorado Dave, I can't advise you on a liability policy, but would be interested in knowing if you have an attorney in mind, if you were put in such an unfortunate position. I'm interested in receiving the name of a good attorney in Larimer County who would be a supporter of the second amendment and a good defender in a case such as you mention. It's always good to have someone in mind before an event like that should happen.

Talk with your insurance carrier. An umbrella liability policy is just that, it covers you for liability in most all situations. I say most, because there may be small print on some policies. Talk to the company and specifically ask.

If you already have homeowner's or renter's insurance, the umbrella policy is relatively inexpensive, but most companies will ask you to raise the liability portion on your home/renter's policy first.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

4. Quote Originally Posted by srkey View Post
    Colorado Dave, I can't advise you on a liability policy, but would be interested in knowing if you have an attorney in mind, if you were put in such an unfortunate position. I'm interested in receiving the name of a good attorney in Larimer County who would be a supporter of the second amendment and a good defender in a case such as you mention. It's always good to have someone in mind before an event like that should happen.
    Hi srkey,

I don't have the name of a particular attorney, but I am a member of CCW Safe. They seem to offer a very good package:

CCW Safe defends those who carry concealed against criminal, civil and administrative actions.

Dave.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12