One more sheepdog in the pack! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: One more sheepdog in the pack!

Quote Originally Posted by billthemoose View Post
    Thank you wolf_fire, I couldn't have said it better myself!
    You're welcome. Thank you for your kind words.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    The term sheepdog makes me think of law enforcement. Just a reminder that unless you are law enforcement, you aren't. You have no duty to protect anyone but yourself and your family. Please consider this unless you want to get in a ton of trouble.
    Police have no duty to protect.

Police have no responsibility to protect individuals (reference)
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Arrow

The term sheepdog makes me think of law enforcement. Just a reminder that unless you are law enforcement, you aren't. You have no duty to protect anyone but yourself and your family. Please consider this unless you want to get in a ton of trouble.
    The majority of police don't do a very good job of protecting anybody (except politicians & themselves of course)...

Case in point;

Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Glad my attempt to look out for a fella was turned into a cop bashing thread, ummm not. How about this y'all. If u don't like the police, next time u need help call a crackhead instead.
    -Austin

Glad my attempt to look out for a fella was turned into a cop bashing thread, ummm not. How about this y'all. If u don't like the police, next time u need help call a crackhead instead.
    Nobody likes 'bashing' the police, we are simply stating some simple facts.

When seconds count, the police are usually too many minutes away.
    That is a fact.
    Police have no duty to protect.
    That is another fact.
    In Los Angeles, California when Reginal Denny was being beaten & shot half to death in broad daylight on a public street, the police looked on and yet they did nothing to help him.
    That is another fact.
    A civilian rescued/saved Reginald Denny, not the police.
    That's also a fact.
    Etc....Etc....
    I could go on and on and on unfortunately.
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

This is one of the most important video's from a LEO you can show someone, IMHO.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    Attachment 9533

Take that obligation seriously and train, train, train.
    Training yes, but remember you have no obligation to anyone or anything unless you took a "Oath".
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

You may or may not take an oath but if your the kind of person who can stand by and watch harm being done to an innocent I personally would prefer you leave your weapon at home and turn in your Carry permit. As humans, and as Americans, again, I hold US to a higher standard.
    Your freedom allows you to stand by and do nothing. It also allows others to stand by and watch as nothing is done for you.
    This is a real world example of what is wrong in this country and in the world.
    When Malala Yousafzai, a Pakistani girl can stand up for woman's rights and be shot in the head for her beliefs I seriously wonder about people who cannot be moved to action in this country. In My Opinion, People of no action should be ashamed of themselves.
    It's not my business translated means Coward.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The police not having a duty to protect the civilians has been decided in court so that any time a civilian gets hurt they cannot sue the local PD. It is true that police carry their sidearms to protect themselves. Now, if you think that the police are going to sit there and watch you get assaulted and say that its not their job to protect you, I certainly hope you are mistaken.

I carry on duty to protect the public (and myself), I carry off duty to protect my family.

My original post was to kindly remind a fella that just because they have a LTC doesnt make them a LEO. You dont want to be mistaken for the bad guy when the shooting starts, and that does happen.
    -Austin

The police not having a duty to protect the civilians has been decided in court so that any time a civilian gets hurt they cannot sue the local PD. It is true that police carry their sidearms to protect themselves. Now, if you think that the police are going to sit there and watch you get assaulted and say that its not their job to protect you, I certainly hope you are mistaken..
    Sadly I am not mistaken...It has happened before unfortunately...

Case in point;

REGINALD DENNY - The L.A. Riots: 15 Years After Rodney King - TIME
    ~Outlaw~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast