One more sheepdog in the pack!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One more sheepdog in the pack!

Smile One more sheepdog in the pack!

After 102 days, my Nevada CCW finally arrived in the mail! My edc is a S&W M&P Shield 9mm, tucked away in a PJHolsters IWB rig. Feels good to finally get "off the bench"!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.
    - S&W M&P Shield 9mm -

Welcome to the pack. Lt Col Grossman would be honored.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

4. Glad you finally got it.
    Make sure you understand your state's laws and be safe.

The term sheepdog makes me think of law enforcement. Just a reminder that unless you are law enforcement, you aren't. You have no duty to protect anyone but yourself and your family. Please consider this unless you want to get in a ton of trouble.
    -Austin

Now you have the permit that our Founding Fathers wanted all Americans to have as our birthright. Damn shame we have to buy a permission slip in order to exercise our God given right.
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Blog Entries
    Congrats! Now you have no excuse for leaving it at home!

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    The term sheepdog makes me think of law enforcement. Just a reminder that unless you are law enforcement, you aren't. You have no duty to protect anyone but yourself and your family. Please consider this unless you want to get in a ton of trouble.
    Good words to remind someone that they are not LE, however LE also has no DUTY to protect anyone either. No matter how many of their cars say "to protect and to serve".

The term "sheepdog" as quoted by Lt. Col Grossman isn't just reserved for LE. He refers it to anyone that has the mindset that wouldn't sit still for someone attacking someone else and would step in to help if that person were defenseless. I consider myself the sheepdog in my family. Would I step in during a situation in which someone else was being attacked? I would have to judge that situation independently... my main goal is to keep myself safe for my family. If I could help someone out who needed it, within the law, and go home to my family, chances are I would.

Hopefully, the OP has a similar mindset.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Thank you wolf_fire, I couldn't have said it better myself!

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Thank for the concern, Austin. Rest assured, I didn't go and buy a weapon and go through the hoops to obtain a ccw for the purpose of going out and playing cop or superhero. I did it to protect myself and my family on a day-to-day basis. If however, as wolf_fire brought up, a situation should ever arise where no police help was present and I could prevent someone from being killed or stop an Aurora-style attack, how could I live with myself if I had the means and a clear shot and I did nothing to help? It's not about playing the hero - it's about being a responsible human being.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.
    - S&W M&P Shield 9mm -

One more sheepdog in the pack!-sheepdog.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by billthemoose View Post
    After 102 days, my Nevada CCW finally arrived in the mail! My edc is a S&W M&P Shield 9mm, tucked away in a PJHolsters IWB rig. Feels good to finally get "off the bench"!
    Take that obligation seriously and train, train, train.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast