Conceal Carry in a carried bag.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Conceal Carry in a carried bag.

  1. Thumbs up Conceal Carry in a carried bag.

    Anyone do this method? Some states are ok with this as long as it's not part of the clothing. It usually means you don't have to apply for a CCW permit.

  2.   
  3. #2
    Oh yeah? Hmm...Exactly what states are OK with Concealed Carry in a 'bag'?

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Rocky River, Ohio
    Posts
    1,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Almost_Blameless View Post
    Oh yeah? Hmm...Exactly what states are OK with Concealed Carry in a 'bag'?
    Without a license? Only the two(?) "constitutional carry" states, that I know of.

    Here, you can carry concealed pretty much any way you want to... with an Ohio CHL or recognized equivalent.

    That being said, I wouldn't carry off body if I had any alternative, since it's far too easy to misplace or have your firearm stolen when it's not on your body or in some kind of controlled access container.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,667
    Just get a permit, man!

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

    Benjamin Franklin

  6. Conceal Carry in a carried bag.

    Yep get the permit

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas,NV
    Posts
    89

    Conceal Carry in a carried bag.

    Alaska Vermont and Arizona are the 3 state I know that you can cc with out a permit, here in Nevada if your carrying a gun in a bag it's concealed and you better have the permit

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,667
    Possession is nine tenths of the law. Even if it isn't on your person, if it is in a bag that you're carrying, you're in possession of it and it is concealed. If you live in a state that allows unlicensed open carry, wouldn't open carrying on your hip (and not risking arrest) make more sense than risking arrest for a concealed and inaccessible gun?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

    Benjamin Franklin

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Almost_Blameless View Post
    Oh yeah? Hmm...Exactly what states are OK with Concealed Carry in a 'bag'?
    Hiking backpackers do it all the time, they have a pistol inside a bag that can be rigged for a quick-draw.

    Well I thought that sort of thing but essentially it depends on what the state law defines 'concealed' as actually being.

    Also I know at least one state that considers clothing or clothing apparel to be the concealing aspect (requiring CCW). A bag, according to every definition of the word isn't either of them. So essentially it it's not anchored to clothing I can't see it being against any 'law' :)

    YMMV

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Jarman View Post
    Alaska Vermont and Arizona are the 3 state I know that you can cc with out a permit, here in Nevada if your carrying a gun in a bag it's concealed and you better have the permit
    Montana and Wyoming as well, the former being good for outside of towns and cities.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Possession is nine tenths of the law. Even if it isn't on your person, if it is in a bag that you're carrying, you're in possession of it and it is concealed. If you live in a state that allows unlicensed open carry, wouldn't open carrying on your hip (and not risking arrest) make more sense than risking arrest for a concealed and inaccessible gun?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Not in every state is it like that. As long as you aren't concealing it with clothing you are not concealing it period. Possession isn't an issue in that case.

    Why can't people just open their mind to states that have more gun rights than there's? Is there some point scoring going on I wonder?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast