Remora Original "no clip" Concealment Holster - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remora Original "no clip" Concealment Holster

I was at the NRA shindig at Houston. I saw another "remora" type holster maker there. I told a woman working there that I want a holster that goes up and cover the slide area (aka sweatshield), I took her blue gun and drew an outline of what I wanted the holster to do. She told me the holster is made for the gun. That didn't answer my question, but the show special was $20. I ordered one. I got it in the mail and it didn't have the sweatshield. I will use it until USPS delivers my Remora w/sweatshield.

+1 on Remora with any clothing, also recommend the sweat shield.

Update: Now that I have been carrying with this holster for about a month now I have come to some conclusions. I didn't mention this in the OP but I received the base model Remora along with one with a reinforced top plus sweatshield. The Remora with no modifications is my preference due to being more comfortable and more concealable. The only downside is re-holstering due to the tension of the belt collapsing the opening. So, no practice while wearing it. I have to agree with some of the other posters on there that the sweatshield is desireable. I've noticed some sweat on my XDs on a couple of hot days lately. I will still use the reinforced top holster but for others who are looking for one and the ability to re-holster is not important I would urge you to consider sticking with the base model plus sweatshield. I will probably buy another one in the configuration I want and with the price of $25 I do not feel I am out much at all and consider it a learning situation. I hope this is helpful to anyone stumped with what holster to buy and I thank anyone who has replied with their 2 cents. You really just cannot go wrong with this holster due to price, functionality, concealability and comfort. Even if you have another holster you just love it just makes sense to me to have one of these for another option if nothing else.

I got my Remora late last week. I usually wear pull over shirts and everything is currently working out well.

The Remora with the sweatshield has been great for the no belt times…like sweats, exercise, around the house and run to the store stuff. Check out the Smart carry for the deep conceal times, like when relatives hug a lot or not much cover on hot days. Holsters are like firearms… one is never really enough! (Every Season) So the latest is a crossbreed or King Tuk type called MTR Custom Leather in horse hide. Thanks for the review, love it, glad I found mine.

They're offering 20% off this weekend. I'm going to order one now. I've never heard of them, but with all the great comments about it, I'm going to give it a shot. Thanks!

8. Thanks for posting your review. I ordered one last week (25% off + mag carrier deal) and look forward to trying it out. Got my first conceal carry weapon last week as well (S&W 442 Pro / moon clip). Off to do a lot of reading (and hopefully some range time) ...

This is the CC holster that I intend to start with.
    ...SCOTUS says we're right...You don't like it. I'm sorry you don't like it. I guess that's a problem for you. Some people don't like gays. Some don't like alcohol. Some don't like meat. ~michaelzwilliamson

I recommend getting the Remora "Tuckable" with sweat shield and no reinforcement. I used to have the Remora with reinforcement and sweat shield. But Now I only use my Remora Tuckable, it is great. It comes with a belt clip you can use, but if you prefer no belt clip you can take it off.
    With no reinforcement it is thinner and conceals better, yet still easy to draw from. One really great holster.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12