Help with choosing a holster - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Help with choosing a holster

  1. I have been wearing a Remora holster for a G26. It is easy to manage and very comfortable to wear. Very decent price too. The big problem is that your belt must be fairly tight to put retention pressure on the holster, otherwise it may slip out when squatting or bending. I have just ordered a Crossbreed Supertuck for more secure placement, tho.

  2.   
  3. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    3,832
    Quote Originally Posted by njsportsman View Post
    Hello I am trying to decide what type of holster to use I don't have much experience with them. My favorite was a pocket holster I used for my Keltec PF9 but sold it in favor of an XDS. I have tried different kinds of holsters and have come up short. Unfortunately I can't try different types of holsters to see what I would like so, its buy and try then hope for the best. I know the most popular holster here on USA Carry is the Crossbreed Super tuck but, I absolutely hate it. No fault of the holster it's a quality holster just don't like the way the IWB holster feels. I have had a couple other IWB it's just not me. So Ive been looking at paddles and OWBs I think I am leaning towards the paddle but am wondering how easy they conceal. I want something that is easy to take on and off like a paddle. I have a Blackhawk Serpa and love it but to bulky of a holster for summer carry. Any suggestions the guns I am looking to holster are my Sig P250 and my XDS. Thanks
    I'm not sure why you can't "try before you buy". I've been to many shops and asked if I could try the holsters they have for sale. Generally, the ask me to check my weapon, unload it and then they assist me in trying different holsters with my unloaded gun. Quite frankly, it's the best way to find the holster that really fits you well.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

  4. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by njsportsman View Post
    Hello I am trying to decide what type of holster to use I don't have much experience with them. My favorite was a pocket holster I used for my Keltec PF9 but sold it in favor of an XDS. I have tried different kinds of holsters and have come up short. Unfortunately I can't try different types of holsters to see what I would like so, its buy and try then hope for the best. I know the most popular holster here on USA Carry is the Crossbreed Super tuck but, I absolutely hate it. No fault of the holster it's a quality holster just don't like the way the IWB holster feels. I have had a couple other IWB it's just not me. So Ive been looking at paddles and OWBs I think I am leaning towards the paddle but am wondering how easy they conceal. I want something that is easy to take on and off like a paddle. I have a Blackhawk Serpa and love it but to bulky of a holster for summer carry. Any suggestions the guns I am looking to holster are my Sig P250 and my XDS. Thanks
    My experience led me to Cattasi Holsters? | Executive, Personal Concealed Carry Gun Holsters. perfect solution to my carry needs. Good luck.

  5. Check out the custom holsters I make! keithskustomholsters.com

  6. #15

    Help with choosing a holster

    I love my Gun Glove holster. Please se attachment. Allen Gun Glove clip forwarded.
    Attached Images Attached Images Help with choosing a holster-image.jpg 

  7. #16
    He!!, Just come look in my holster drawer. If you can't find something there just go out and shoot yourself Just kidding, I seem to have quite a collection and it grows faster than weeds.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head!

  8. #17
    You are looking for something that doesn't exist. Some thing that has the comfort and ease of use of the paddle, and the conceal ability of a iwb. If anyone invents that you will know it because they will be the first holster maker / billionaire!!!! I carry a 1911 government 90% but the xds gets the other 10% of my time. I would recommend trying an all leather iwb. For a weapon as light weight as the xds try something with a single belt clip so it can be removed easily. I own dozens of holsters and for the xds my two choices are Wild Bills concealment covert carry Covert Carry and secondly the Old Faithfull hybrid. Its 10 times the holster that the crossbreed is and costs less. Better leather, thicker kydex, retention adjustment, can be disassembled for cleaning or to reform the kydex all for a price that is $25 less than crossbreed. And ps Old faithfulls patent predates crossbreeds by over a year! So who copied who?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast