Best holster to conceal a Ruger P345
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best holster to conceal a Ruger P345

1. Best holster to conceal a Ruger P345

I just recently filled out the app to receive my permit to carry. Should be arriving in the mail within the next 30 days. The only problem is all I have right now to carry is my P345. I would prefer to have it concealed instead of open carry. The holster I currently have is a blackhawk nylon ambidextrous with a mag pouch. While it is a good holster, the best way I have found so far is I am able to clip it inside on the back of my pants, which may cause some concealing issues during the spring and summer seasons as it feels rather large and clumsy. In the winter time I can conceal it in my jacket. But until I am able to get something a little smaller and more concealable, I need to find a way to make this work. Any suggestions?

That's a big gun to try and get it to conceal for every occasion and clothing wear. I like OWB holsters and then conceal with a shirt or vest. Thus affords me the opportunity to use the same holster, in then same body position all the time. You can also try a Foubus for a good paddle type holster, or go with the OWB leather pancake style with or without retention.
    Kevin - NRA Life Member
    2nd Amendment = Freedom from Tyranny

I carry my sig in a Comp-Tac, Minotaur MTAC Holster. Very comfortable, fully adjustable, well made. A bit pricey though...$90. A quality carry belt is just as important as the holster, don't skimp. If you're going to carry all day, you wan't the weight to be distributed evenly. My.02

K.L. Null "Vampire" cross-draw driving holster. I conceal my 1911 under a T-shirt all summer long with no problem at all. Comfortable all day too.
    It Is Appointed Onto Man Once To Die, And After That To Face Judgement

6. Thank you for the suggestions! While I have owned rifles and shotguns since I was 12, I am new to the world of handguns and CCW so I am trying to learn everything I can about this stuff.

Can't be done. Sell me the P345 and buy something smaller that you can conceal.

I am a huge Ruger fan and that is one of the few Ruger's I don't own.

Got a brand new in the box LC380 I would trade you for the P345?
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by MADnMO View Post
    Can't be done. Sell me the P345 and buy something smaller that you can conceal.

I am a huge Ruger fan and that is one of the few Ruger's I don't own.

Got a brand new in the box LC380 I would trade you for the P345?
    What do you think of the SR1911?

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Loren Daak View Post
    I just recently filled out the app to receive my permit to carry. Should be arriving in the mail within the next 30 days. The only problem is all I have right now to carry is my P345. I would prefer to have it concealed instead of open carry. The holster I currently have is a blackhawk nylon ambidextrous with a mag pouch. While it is a good holster, the best way I have found so far is I am able to clip it inside on the back of my pants, which may cause some concealing issues during the spring and summer seasons as it feels rather large and clumsy. In the winter time I can conceal it in my jacket. But until I am able to get something a little smaller and more concealable, I need to find a way to make this work. Any suggestions?
    I'm in Florida and I carry my SR1911 in a Kholster Holster at about 4:30. I have a very good gun belt and the gun carries easily under a T-Shirt and shorts.
    Remember, you don't have to completely hide the gun. There is a small bump sometimes when I move. I have never had anyone ever say anything.
    I think the Key is to lower the holster so that the Kydex sticks just barely above the pants at the waist. Good Belt worn tight enough to keep everything from moving but not to tight.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

10. try looking at a www.pistolpeteholester

I love my SR1911. Probably the best 1911 that I own and definitely one of the cheapest.

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    What do you think of the SR1911?

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast