Manager with a disgruntled user who has a CCP, need advice
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Manager with a disgruntled user who has a CCP, need advice

1. Manager with a disgruntled user who has a CCP, need advice

I'm not really a gun guy - shot a .22 as a teenager once - but I have a problem:

One of my employees is disgruntled (admits it freely), is definitely a gun guy, brags about playing with Thermite, his social media site has a photo of him with his AR-15, does cage fighting, etc. He also talks about his conceal carry permit, believes the nation is headed toward a civil uprising within two years and tries to recruit his teammates to the cause.

His teammates are concerned that he's losing it and they're avoiding him, he's had a number of run-ins with customers, and as management we need to address the situation. Oh yeah, he announced to us about 6 months ago that he has Aspergers (before it was eliminated as a diagnosis). A full roster of stuff, for sure.

Given that his closest co-workers are concerned he may snap, I'm wondering what kind of defensive measures I can take. How good is body armor? What about helmets? Any general advice on how to diffuse the situation?

I'm not trolling, definitely not looking for a debate, just looking for insight. Any constructive responses appreciated.

3. Time to have a discussion and consider letting him go. You mention that he is disgruntled yet he still works for you?

Since you have been warned, you are now liable for anything that he does if you do nothing to keep your employees safe. Your number one priority is to keep your workplace safe.

think kevlar.......

If you believe he's a danger to himself or others you need to follow your company policy. Wearing body armor to work is not going to look good for you. Remember all recent mass shootings had warning signs. Get him help and maybe it will turn out well for you.
    Guns.??? What Guns???

Tough call.
    Can you get HR involved or is this a situation you have to handle alone?

This might also be a good time to get yourself a gun, god forbid but just in case.
    You might also consider involving the police. Fill out a report and get it on paper.

Sent from behind enemy lines.

Look, I understand you say you're not trolling but when you start asking about wearing Kevlar helmets to work to protect yourself from a disgruntled employee, A) It makes you seem like a troll, and B) Why the hell does this guy still work for you?

Body armor isn't going to stop a disgruntled employee out to hurt you. It he really wants to kill you, body armor alone wont save you it'll just take a few extra shots. If you're willing to go the the extra step, get yourself some good training and a permit and start carrying yourself. If you're really in fear for your safety take close note of everything he says and at the first instance he threatens to hurt somebody, call the police. Police can't arrest him for just being disgruntled and owning guns.

Just be advised, just because he believes there's going to be a civil uprising and has a concealed carry permit doesn't mean he is going to hurt you. You'll find that many people on this forum share his views, if you stick around long enough.

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"
    Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    Look, I understand you say you're not trolling but when you start asking about wearing Kevlar helmets to work to protect yourself from a disgruntled employee, A) It makes you seem like a troll, and B) Why the hell does this guy still work for you?

Body armor isn't going to stop a disgruntled employee out to hurt you. It he really wants to kill you, body armor alone wont save you it'll just take a few extra shots. If you're willing to go the the extra step, get yourself some good training and a permit and start carrying yourself. If you're really in fear for your safety take close note of everything he says and at the first instance he threatens to hurt somebody, call the police. Police can't arrest him for just being disgruntled and owning guns.

Just be advised, just because he believes there's going to be a civil uprising and has a concealed carry permit doesn't mean he is going to hurt you. You'll find that many people on this forum share his views, if you stick around long enough.
    ^^What He Said^^

Especially about the 'trolling' part.
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

If you feel that this employee is an accident waiting to happen, then you better get HR involved and also get statements from the other employees. If this person poses a danger in the workplace, call him in, talk to him to find out where he's at and handle it accordingly. Managing a business is not just dollars and cents, it's managing people also.

10. Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    Understood. The CCP by itself is minor, I live in an area of the country that despises Obama, so that's passť, too. The jet contrails spreading mind controlling chemicals is "out there", I think he's training for apocalyptic insurrection sure to happen soon, and is recruiting helpers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WesternSage View Post
    Understood. The CCP by itself is minor, I live in an area of the country that despises Obama, so that's passť, too. The jet contrails spreading mind controlling chemicals is "out there", I think he's training for apocalyptic insurrection sure to happen soon, and is recruiting helpers.
    You should make yourself a tinfoil hat and wear it to work. It will signify to your coworker that you are on his side.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast