Senate rejects firearms on Army Corps of Engineers lands
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Senate rejects firearms on Army Corps of Engineers lands

Senate rejects firearms on Army Corps of Engineers lands

The Senate rejected an effort Wednesday to expand the use of firearms on some of the nation's most frequently visited federal lands, handing gun control advocates a modest success.
    Sen. Barbara Boxer, D-Calif., said allowing more guns onto Corps property would increase danger to the dams, flood control systems and other crucial water projects.
    "This critical infrastructure is a target for terrorists," she said. Allowing more guns "sets up a national security threat. It endangers people."
    Senate rejects firearms on Army Corps of Engineers lands, boosting gun control supporters | Fox News
    It really boggles the mind how someone that incredibly stupid can be elected to Congress. How can anyone be idiotic enough to believe a terrorist would care one whit about that law?
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Senate rejects firearms on Army Corps of Engineers lands, boosting gun control supporters | Fox News
    It really boggles the mind how someone that incredibly stupid can be elected to Congress. How can anyone be idiotic enough to believe a terrorist would care one whit about that law?
    I could not agree with you more. There must be something in the water in CA.

Probably a stupid question, but exactly what land does the Army Corps of Engineers own? Is that like national parks?

Blog Entries

TVA land

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy Reist View Post
    Probably a stupid question, but exactly what land does the Army Corps of Engineers own? Is that like national parks?
    Here in Georgia they own lakes that have parks on them where you can camp or fish. Being a single female I don't want to go fishing in these out of the way places by myself with a firearm. The lands are isolated and wooded but very pretty. I don't know what is different from TVA land and Federal parks other than TVA produces power. It has already been seen that having restrictions from carrying didn't stop a guy not too long ago from being there with a firearm and getting into a firing situation with the TVA guards.
    Due to the price increase on ammo do not expect a warning shot.

Vern - probably lead from all those environmentally incorrect lead bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy Reist View Post
    In some cases, yes. Mostly it's land around their projects, such as lakes and recreation areas created by dams and levees along with the flood plains they affect, but some federal park areas are actually on COE land.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

I would think that the Army Corp of Engineers manages the lands...no differently than the forestry service. They should be Public lands owned by the American people...The Government is pushing to no longer be For the people...we already know they arent By the people...

Thanks everybody. If I hadn't been so lazy I could have looked it up. I don't feel too bad though. I found a number of lakes in Kansas that they manage, although it didn't say anything about owning them. I didn't find anything in SW Kansas that is managed by them. But then there are no lakes in SW Kansas.

10. Does anybody know how this affects lake property adjoining Corps property? If I wander past the Corps line from a private lot with a handgun, am I committing a felony?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    One would think that if there was any place you should be able to carry in is a federal park land or property controlled by the Fed's.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast