Being A Permit Holder Does NOT Make You A Cop - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 74

Thread: Being A Permit Holder Does NOT Make You A Cop

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan
    Posts
    3,355
    Food for thought for those who think people should come to the aid of a stranger...

    Suppose I were to save your mother/sister/wife/daughter/son/brother/father from a rapist/killer but I lost my life doing it.

    Will you make my mortgage payments so MY wife/kids have a place to live?

    Will you buy my wife a car whenever she needs a new one? Pay the repair bills on it? Buy the gas to put in it?

    Will you pay for my kid's college tuition/expenses so my kids get the good start in life I planned for them?

    Will you send my wife $1000+ a month, every month for the rest of her life, to pay for food and the light/heating bill?

    Well? Will ya?

  2.   
  3. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"
    Posts
    2,825
    Quote Originally Posted by weissr View Post
    I am going to have to both agree and disagree with you. I will agree that having a concealed permit does not make one a LEO or provide any additional law-enforcement powers. I also agree with you that as a concealed permit holder we should not actively seek out dangerous situations nor should we impose our authority on others.

    I disagree however, because ALL CITIZENS of this republic have both the right and the ability to enforce and uphold the law.

    Most states permit citizen arrests if the commission of a felony is witnessed by the arresting citizen. The application of state laws varies widely with respect to misdemeanors, breaches of the peace, and felonies not witnessed by the arresting party. For example, Arizona law allows a citizen's arrest if the arrestor has personally witnessed the offense occurring.

    American citizens do not have the legal protections held by police officers, and are held to the principle of strict liability before the courts of civil and criminal law including, but not limited to, any infringement of another's rights.

    So, like most issues in life, this is a complicated and one of the many problems with our nation is this attitude of "I don't want to get involved in that, I will let the police/government take care of that for me."

    We need to be involved in our neighborhoods and our communities, but we don't want to and should not go out in public and impersonate a LEO. That does not mean we should inject ourselves into dangerous situations, but we need to maintain awareness of everything around us.

    If my choice is to be a sheep, a sheepdog or a wolf - I choose to be the sheepdog.
    I agree with you 110%.....Let's hear it for all of us 'Sheepdogs'....and 'Badgers'....OoRah!! :)

    (I'm more of a badger)....Badger's try to avoid trouble whenever possible, but if a badger is cornered and threatened....Watch Out! :)
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

  4. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan
    Posts
    3,355
    I am not a sheep for I do not mill around with the flock with my attention on fitting in with the flock.

    I am not a wolf for I do not prey on the sheep.

    I am not a sheepdog for I do not have the responsibility to protect the sheep... nor do I have any desire to fight the wolf.

    I am a stray dog... I am warily friendly to the sheep and I avoid the wolf as I fend for myself yet I will fiercely fight to protect those I love... from both wolf and sheep.

    That said... I don't like using the word "sheep" because it is derogatory to people who need to be educated that they too can defend from the "wolf".

    The word "wolf" is an accurate term for predatory criminals so I have no problem with that one.

    And the word "sheepdog" sounds so nice... to be someone so noble he puts his own life and the security and welfare of all those innocent family members who depend on him in jeopardy in order to protect those too chicken to protect themselves... but the truth is... the sheep need to grow 'nads and go get their own damn gun. If all the sheep had guns then it wouldn't be very long before there would be no need for "sheepdogs" because there would be a severe shortage of...

    wolves.

  5. #24
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    2,837
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Food for thought for those who think people should come to the aid of a stranger...

    Suppose I were to save your mother/sister/wife/daughter/son/brother/father from a rapist/killer but I lost my life doing it.

    Will you make my mortgage payments so MY wife/kids have a place to live?

    Will you buy my wife a car whenever she needs a new one? Pay the repair bills on it? Buy the gas to put in it?

    Will you pay for my kid's college tuition/expenses so my kids get the good start in life I planned for them?

    Will you send my wife $1000+ a month, every month for the rest of her life, to pay for food and the light/heating bill?

    Well? Will ya?
    You know what.... I probably would. For the same reason I would jump in to save someone. I would feel a sense of responsibility, a duty to help your family in any way I could.
    If you gave your life to save mine, there would be nothing I wouldn't do to help yours out my sense of gratitude.



    Sent from behind enemy lines.

  6. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Food for thought for those who think people should come to the aid of a stranger...

    Suppose I were to save your mother/sister/wife/daughter/son/brother/father from a rapist/killer but I lost my life doing it.

    Will you make my mortgage payments so MY wife/kids have a place to live?

    Will you buy my wife a car whenever she needs a new one? Pay the repair bills on it? Buy the gas to put in it?

    Will you pay for my kid's college tuition/expenses so my kids get the good start in life I planned for them?

    Will you send my wife $1000+ a month, every month for the rest of her life, to pay for food and the light/heating bill?

    Well? Will ya?
    I'm going to answer this post with an exerpt from another post I made on the "sheepdog mindset.

    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    It seems like once a week or so someone shows up here proclaiming their sheep dog status and sometimes telling the rest of us what cowards we are for not buying into the “sheep dog” ethos. I’ve even read posts that proclaim that we (permit holders) have a duty “lay down our lives” in defense of “the sheep”. It was also stated that if your family is left behind in poverty because of your actions they should collect their welfare and feel honored that you died a “sheep dog”.
    I have also seen it stated that permit holders should have enough life insurance to cover this contingentcy, which isn't a bad idea in principle but I'm not going to go out and insure myself for half a million and then go piss my life away playing hero.

    __________________________________________________ ______________________________________________

    I also want to restate that the main point of this thread isn’t whether or not we should help out our fellow man, we should within reason.

    The topic here is that it’s wrong for any permit holder to assume that having said permit endows him/her with any type of police authority.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

  7. NO not one cent, But if I was around when your wife, Sister,Daughter,son,brother, or father was attacked I would not stand by, I would risk my life to stop it. That's what people do.

  8. If you want to never help anyone but just slink out the back door cause (what ever you think) I am sure you family would be real proud of you. would you have walked out the back door at sandy hook if you were there w a gun and had a legal reason to have said gun in a school. ( cause dingbats say it's a gun free zone! guess it was not) if you say yes that's all I need to know about you.

  9. #28
    Does this mean I have to turn in my concealed carry badge?
    Due to the increased cost of Ammunition I will be forced to discontinue warning shots as of now! USAF Chief Master Sergeant, Retired, 1979-2005

  10. Dang WOLF FIRE! You said something I agree with! think before you pull the trigger. don't step in to a bee hive.

  11. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Food for thought for those who think people should come to the aid of a stranger...

    Suppose I were to save your mother/sister/wife/daughter/son/brother/father from a rapist/killer but I lost my life doing it.

    Will you make my mortgage payments so MY wife/kids have a place to live?

    Will you buy my wife a car whenever she needs a new one? Pay the repair bills on it? Buy the gas to put in it?

    Will you pay for my kid's college tuition/expenses so my kids get the good start in life I planned for them?

    Will you send my wife $1000+ a month, every month for the rest of her life, to pay for food and the light/heating bill?

    Well? Will ya?
    So if I watch your family be raped/killed and did nothing your response will be to say no big deal. .. At least my family is safe? I guess you will be saving on the tuition, car payments and anything else you would spend on them.

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
    Time to add FireMarshall Bill to the block list.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast