Being A Permit Holder Does NOT Make You A Cop - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Being A Permit Holder Does NOT Make You A Cop

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Please quote a state law or legal precedent or retract your statement as the bullpoop it is
    I call you out for being a self serving coward and you take issue with my training? You don't have anything to add to your definition of "sheepdog?" Trying to avoid the issue huh?

Any personal injury lawyer can make the injuries a criminal received attacking another guy look like my fault and insist that a man of my profession caused them and could have handled him more "appropriately." Thus, the "do not do this unless you absolutely have to" defense during my classes. As an instructor, unless I tell them repeatedly to not do so, I can beheld liable for their actions as I am the one who taught them. Common knowledge among intelligent people, Treo. Maybe you've smoked a bit too much of that legalized weed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    He already said he'd step in and make sure your kids have a father. It's his kids that are SOL
    I think it's yours that would be SOL. You place your own personal finances above another human's life.

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    I call you out for being a self serving coward and you take issue with my training? You don't have anything to add to your definition of "sheepdog?" Trying to avoid the issue huh?

Any personal injury lawyer can make the injuries a criminal received attacking another guy look like my fault and insist that a man of my profession caused them and could have handled him more "appropriately." Thus, the "do not do this unless you absolutely have to" defense during my classes. As an instructor, unless I tell them repeatedly to not do so, I can beheld liable for their actions as I am the one who taught them. Common knowledge among intelligent people, Treo. Maybe you've smoked a bit too much of that legalized weed.
    Thank you I accept your retraction
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

I say "We don't need no stinken Badges". A quote for someone far gone from these pages..............
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    I say "We don't need no stinken Badges". A quote for someone far gone from these pages..............
    He's not far gone he just changed his name to REDACTED and came back
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.

7. Simple. In a potential loss of life incident, I'd have to witness the entire event up to the point someone is going to die, be raped, robbed, beaten (you get the idea), before making a decision to draw. Better make damn sure you have all the facts before you decide to use your weapon to save someone's life. Active shooters would be an exception to witnessing events. I'd do the right thing there.

For me it only boils down to two variables; protection of my family, and protection of victims from death, rape, or grave bodily harm.

Anything else is outside the scope of my authority, and some may argue that saving others' lives is outside the scope of my authority as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Nice attempt to deflect the focus from answering the question with ridicule. Didn't work....
    Where is the ridicule? Your position turned 180 doesn't make sense? Here let me rephrase..

Food for BIKENUT who thinks people should come to the aid of his family...

Suppose I were to save his mother/sister/wife/daughter/son/brother/father from a rapist/killer but I lost my life doing it.

Will BikeNut make my mortgage payments so MY wife/kids have a place to live?

Will Bikenut buy my wife a car whenever she needs a new one? Pay the repair bills on it? Buy the gas to put in it?

Will Bikenut pay for my kid's college tuition/expenses so my kids get the good start in life I planned for them?

Will Bikenet send my wife $1000+ a month, every month for the rest of her life, to pay for food and the light/heating bill?

Well? Will ya Bikenet

Where is the ridicule...... Would you be fine is no one came to the AID of YOUR FAMILY..... according to your post you would be just fine.....
    Time to add FireMarshall Bill to the block list.

Quote Originally Posted by whitetiger5 View Post
    Dang WOLF FIRE! You said something I agree with! think before you pull the trigger. don't step in to a bee hive.
    Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and again. ;)
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Again folks, the topic at hand isn't coming to the aid of someone else's family the topic is going out in your nieghborhood on the Fourth or July confronting evil fireworks shooters or "patroling" the neighborhood dressed in Black BDUs because you feel it's your "civc duty"

And I'm going to ask again who here would confront a shoplifter if they caught him in the act?
    (AND by confront I mean confront not go report it to a clerk which I think we all should do anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by Warbirds View Post
    Where is the ridicule? Your position turned 180 doesn't make sense? Here let me rephrase..

Food for BIKENUT who thinks people should come to the aid of his family...

Suppose I were to save his mother/sister/wife/daughter/son/brother/father from a rapist/killer but I lost my life doing it.

Will BikeNut make my mortgage payments so MY wife/kids have a place to live?

Will Bikenut buy my wife a car whenever she needs a new one? Pay the repair bills on it? Buy the gas to put in it?

Will Bikenut pay for my kid's college tuition/expenses so my kids get the good start in life I planned for them?

Will Bikenet send my wife $1000+ a month, every month for the rest of her life, to pay for food and the light/heating bill?

Well? Will ya Bikenet

Where is the ridicule...... Would you be fine is no one came to the AID of YOUR FAMILY..... according to your post you would be just fine.....
    I was waiting for that response because it means my posts have done exactly what I intended... got folks thinking that there is more involved in jumping into something than just being a hero.

First of all if folks have actually been reading my posts I am not taking the position that others should protect me or my family. I have been taking the position that it is the height of arrogance for people to wander around defenseless expecting other people to put the future of their family on the line to protect them just because they didn't/won't get their own gun to protect themselves... I said that if the choice is between me protecting my family and protecting yours... get your own damn gun because my family comes first ...and I asked if YOU would step in and take over the responsibilities of providing for my family if I died protecting your family.

So... would you step up? Would you?

To be honest.... if I were in that situation I don't know how much, or for how many years, I would be able to help but I would try. But my point is there are many folks who would tell your wife how wonderful you were to die saving them... thank her profusely ... send her a fruit basket.. and kick in some money for your funeral.... well... maybe on the money part.

But it seems there are many who are focusing on the "being the hero" part and very few who have considered that if they were the hero and made the ultimate sacrifice defending someone else their family is left to fend for themselves.

And THAT is the point I've been trying to make all along. When we step into a mess it isn't just us being noble by putting our lives on the line.... we are also putting our family's future on the line because it would be rare indeed for the one you saved to step up and take your place.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast