My Concealed Carry Permit Triggered an EXPENSIVE addiction! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Concealed Carry Permit Triggered an EXPENSIVE addiction!

AMEN!

Ruger Security Six - .357
    Ruger Single Six - .22 LR & .22 MAG
    Ruger SP101 - .357
    Ruger Super Black Hawk - .44 MAG
    Ruger Super Red Hawk - .454 Casull
    Ruger 22/45 - .22 LR
    Ruger P95 - 9mm
    Ruger SR22 - .22 LR
    Ruger SR9c
    Ruger SR40c
    Ruger SR40
    Ruger SR1911
    Ruger SR45
    Ruger LC9
    Ruger LC380

Several 10/22 rifles.

The 2 that I don't have and want are the P345 and P90. Someday!

Quote Originally Posted by davcommander View Post
    I am addicted to Rugers. Started of with the light stuff (Hi Point) inexpensive and fun to shoot. Suddenly, after I shot a Ruger .40, I had to have one and rushed out an got it. And I haven't stopped getting them. Haven't done much shooting (buying a gun is cheaper than buying its ammo lol), but I have shot them all and gotta get even more. I am thinking of asking Ruger if they would give one to me since I have bought so many of them. If there is a 12 step program for folks like us, I don't want to know about it.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Wow, if you were female and lived closer to me here in OK I'd might ask you to marry me. LOL Seriously, I see you don't have the LCR's in .38 and .357. No desire for these snubbies? It also comes in a .22. I have the larger caliber guns primarily for SD. Do you have the .22's so your time on the range isn't quite as expensive? I haven't gotten the 22's but have been thinking I might for this very reason. Have you shot the LCP (.380)? It is small easy enough to carry in a shirt pocket. Sights are very difficult to see so the Lasermex is needed, but I like it for back up or to keep nearby while I am in my home.

My dad went through a similar process when I was a kid. Back then, Ohio didn't have CCW permits, so for him, the trigger event was becoming an reserve police officer. Some years later, he went full time into law enforcement.

I just got my CHL a few months ago and I can feel the process starting with me. So far, I've only added one carry gun to my collection, but I'm starting to eye others.

When I bought my gun safe, dad got a good laugh when I told him it made me feel all grown up. His next comment... You know this won't be big enough in 10 years, right?

-SF

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

It's not that I dislike the LCR's I just have haven't gotten around to getting one yet. The .22's I have are the SR22 pistol, the Single Six and the 22/45 and of course my 10/22 rifles.

I did not like the small size of the LCP as it was just too small in my hand and I did not like the trigger. The trigger on the LC9 and LC380 is considerable better in my opinion and the size is much better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by davcommander View Post
    Wow, if you were female and lived closer to me here in OK I'd might ask you to marry me. LOL Seriously, I see you don't have the LCR's in .38 and .357. No desire for these snubbies? It also comes in a .22. I have the larger caliber guns primarily for SD. Do you have the .22's so your time on the range isn't quite as expensive? I haven't gotten the 22's but have been thinking I might for this very reason. Have you shot the LCP (.380)? It is small easy enough to carry in a shirt pocket. Sights are very difficult to see so the Lasermex is needed, but I like it for back up or to keep nearby while I am in my home.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

My Concealed Carry Permit Triggered an EXPENSIVE addiction!

I know how you feel. I've had the bug six I was 15. Unfortunately, I just had a kid so I really can't afford to buy new guns or shoot nearly as much as I'd like too these days (I'd prefer to have a few acres and be able to shoot of my back porch everyday.) The only way I was able to buy the guns, and reloading setup I have is because after I joined the military and got my GI I used the money my parents put away for college for me lol. Also, working two full time jobs when I was in high school with no bills to pay helped to kick start my collection.

Was looking for a new 9mm. Had the same problem you did with the Glock. I loved the gun, but don't like to wear hats...and would have needed one if I had bought the Glock. The darn shells kept landing on top of my head. Maybe if I was shorter than 5'8".

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    My addiction a few years back changed from firearms to ammo. You should see my nice collection. :)
    I keep hoping this will happen to me, but every time I see a pretty new gun I have to have it. I have very little ammo for all of my guns, and every time I do get a decent amount, I blow it all off within a week. So right now I'm just working on stockpiling as much brass as I can so when the craze calms down I can stockpile powder, bullets and primers and be set for a while.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12