Explaing to your kids why you carry - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Explaing to your kids why you carry

Quote Originally Posted by croute View Post
    Treo, I stand corrected. Guess I made the assumption that the gun was a new thing at the house. However, I stand by my statement to let them know. They can still discover that he's carrying a gun.
    Please allow me to direct your attention to the following thread

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/conce...one-knows.html
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

XD40scinNC: showing kids a violent act to make a point is never appropriate and it is the job of cops to help protect us.
    Not according to the Supreme Court
    "People should not fear their governments...governments should fear their people!"

4. The answer depends on where you live and where you are carrying. My boys know I am always armed one is 4 almost 5 and one is 2.5 they also co own all the firearms as they are all in a trust. Of course up here everybody has firearms and people do not panic at the sight of one ( though the person holding it may give them pause ) unless it is summer and the flatlanders are visiting they do go nuts and call 911 when they see you walk through a parking lot with a firearm in the open. Or heaven forbid you meet someone in a parking lot of say McDonalds to trade or sell one out of you're car. I even had a guy from mass have a fit at a local convenience store because I went into the store and left a rifle and shotgun on a rack in the back window of my truck.

Back to the point here. I myself think they should know.

XD40scinNC: showing kids a violent act to make a point is never appropriate and it is the job of cops to help protect us.
    First you don't "show the violence" and the way you worded it you are insinuating 8 x 10 color glossy photos. A news article about someone killed or seriously injured is not "showing the violence" but educating them to live in a world where this is a very common occurrence, and as an armed citizen I have every intention of not being a statistic or victim.

Really, you are posting on a gun and self-protection thread and you post this much willful ignorance in a single sentence. You sound like an anti-gun'er yet I've seen posts where you state you carry, yet think the police are mandated to protect you. Then why do you carry, obviously not for protection, just draw your phone and dial 911.

The SCOTUS (that would be the Supreme Court of the United States) has ruled that and very clearly stated that "police have no duty to protect citizens"
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    First you don't "show the violence" and the way you worded it you are insinuating 8 x 10 color glossy photos. A news article about someone killed or seriously injured is not "showing the violence" but educating them to live in a world where this is a very common occurrence, and as an armed citizen I have every intention of not being a statistic or victim.

Really, you are posting on a gun and self-protection thread and you post this much willful ignorance in a single sentence. You sound like an anti-gun'er yet I've seen posts where you state you carry, yet think the police are mandated to protect you. Then why do you carry, obviously not for protection, just draw your phone and dial 911.

The SCOTUS (that would be the Supreme Court of the United States) has ruled that and very clearly stated that "police have no duty to protect citizens"
    I've heard this several times but have never read the ruling myself. Do you know what the name of the case was for future reference?

Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    I've heard this several times but have never read the ruling myself. Do you know what the name of the case was for future reference?
    Castle Rock V Gonzales is one of them
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    Castle Rock V Gonzales is one of them
    Appreciate it. I'll look into them.

This is a small town. Nearly everyone around here carries a gun, either on their person, or within arms reach in their auto or home.
    I don't have any kids living at home, but all 19 of my Grandkids know that I carry a gun... the last one to know found out just a few weeks ago. They see it on my side every time they come visiting. The youngest is six. The Great Grandkids also know I carry... the one's that are walking & talking, anyway. Everyone knows if something happens near us, that they aren't to indicate that we are armed. Most all their parents carry, too.
    I am always armed, and everyone who is always around me knows it. All the firemen know it, because most of them are... the cops know it... I don't care who knows it. I either OC or CC all the time. If I'm CCing it is truly concealed.
    So far, no problem that I can see.
    Stop, Drop, and Roll won't work in Hell.
    The truth about the former Republic of the United States of America:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Ioz...ayer_embedded#

FNWylde Guest
    I have one daughter and I have explained that I will protect her, her mother, and anyone close to us with everything I have if ever necessary. When I shoot, she understands it is to improve skills and generally not recreational-though it is occasionally. That is enough for her-she understands why I carry.

She knew from the first day I began to carry and I also made her very aware of the danger of giving me away if something ever happened. That was one reason I started the thread a few months ago 'Will you be exposed'. In that thread I asked what you guys thought might happen if YOU were carrying and SHTF. Would a family member or close friend accidentally say something in a panic moment and give away that you are armed? I know how I feel about those close to me and my daughter will exercise restraint if ever needed.

Explaing to your kids why you carry

Don't hate on him too much...the 1st amendment protects his right to pull random bullsiht out of his ass.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast