Explaing to your kids why you carry - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Explaing to your kids why you carry

Quote Originally Posted by TomC51 View Post
    It was my children who explained to me why I should carry. I listened to them,thought about it,looked into it,found a basic handgun course decided I liked it. I looked around until I found a handgun I liked and was comfortable with and took another handgun course with it.When I was satisfied with my progress I took a ccw class and got my license. I continue to take various training classes.My children are now happy and so am I because it shut them up and I feel safer.
    Congrats Tom. Sounds like you got introduced into handguns in a smart and safe way.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Howdy,

I had been packin' for over 13 years before my daughter was born so it wasn't something I had to "break" to her.

A few years ago I was at the Mall in Little Rock with my kid and about 8 of her friends. ( Yeah, imagine going to the Mall with 9 12-13yo girls :( ) and a group of young black men in there late teens started to bother one of the 12yo girls. She was tall, about 5' 9", blonde hair, blue eyes and very pretty and looked like she was 17ish. I told them to leave her alone and to get away from us. The ringleader said he could talk to her if he wanted to and there wasn't anything that I could do about it. My 12yo daughter said "Oh yeah?! My Dad has his gun with him. It's a Glock!" The young men decided to vacate the area pretty quick without saying a word.

Paul
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

I can always show my 12 year old and 10 month old (once she's older and understands) the 4 scars on my leg from a gunshot wound during a robbery attempt a few years back. It exhibits perfectly the need for us to be able to protect ourselves at any point in time as we can only control our own actions and level of preparedness.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234