9th Amendment - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 9th Amendment

Quote Originally Posted by StubbornYankee View Post
    The 2nd amendment does not give/grant you the right to have guns.

What it does is protect, and guarantee, the inalienable right (shall not be infringed) to keep & bear arms.

As an American, you are born with this right. And you have that right even without the 2nd amendment.

Am I right?
    Amazing how many do not understand this simple concept. YOU certainly are correct!
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

Quote Originally Posted by StubbornYankee View Post
    The 2nd amendment does not give/grant you the right to have guns.

What it does is protect, and guarantee, the inalienable right (shall not be infringed) to keep & bear arms.

As an American, you are born with this right. And you have that right even without the 2nd amendment.

Am I right?
    It depends on what your definition if the word "is" is. To liberals, just because you have rights (written or spoken) they can be changed for your own good. After all, the constitution is a living document.
    Due to the increased cost of Ammunition I will be forced to discontinue warning shots as of now! USAF Chief Master Sergeant, Retired, 1979-2005

I do not care what anyone says when they cite Amendments. Bottom line is we have a narcissistic dictator wannabe who kisses his mirror every morning and does not give a rats ass about the Constitution--he soon will have his majority of ass-kissers on the Supreme Court--game over on the Constitution as long as Congress just keeps bending over for more of the same. Any discussions on the Constitution, in this country is spitting in the ocean so you can see the water rise.

The average dumb ass on the street has never even read the constitution, including our POS president.

The easiest way to explain the 9th Amendment is that it says "Hey dumb-a$$, just because we didn't mention it in the first eight doesn't mean it's not a right." By default it also says that the first eight are really the important ones that cannot be messed around with, and they had to be sure they were written down in no uncertain terms.

@whodat2710: Thanks for the clarity...but is that the majority view in SCOTUS?
    ________

DRNurse1

Quote Originally Posted by DRNurse1 View Post
    @whodat2710: Thanks for the clarity...but is that the majority view in SCOTUS?
    For now, but you better hope King "O" doesn't get to fill a seat. The thing to remember is that the Constitution doesn't give us any rights. The rights are already ours as free Americans.
    The Bill of Rights has a preamble just like the Constitution does. It says the articles and amendments were written "...in order to prevent misconstruction or abuse of its (governments)powers, that further declaratory and restrictive clauses should be added: And as extending the ground of public confidence in the Government, will best ensure the beneficent ends of its institution." The common sense at the time was that all these (and other rights) were "self-evident", but they chose eight specific topics that directly contributed to the tyranny by England. So they specified all the things that the King used against them and restricted our government from abusing those same powers. The last part of the quote just means that it was done so we could trust the government.
    I don't mean to sound like a teacher, but I think these things are important to understand; and being rather dense, once I finally understand something I can explain it fairly well. Here's the big question - should nine obviously partisan people appointed for LIFE get to "translate" what they think the founding fathers meant and dictate it to millions of Americans?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123