Louisiana conceal carry permit question

Thread: Louisiana conceal carry permit question

I have an arrest record and conviction for possession of marijuana (extremely small amount) from 42 years ago when I was 18. A $250 fine was paid. This was in Florida.

I think I'm GTG as long as it's disclosed on the permit application, and I also have a certified document from the Florida courts saying that no felony was committed.

Anyone else have a similar experience or who can give me advice or feedback? Thanks!

As long as it was a misdemeanor and you're not still an active user (which I'm sure your not) you should be fine. I just helped my father-in-law through a similar situation with a drug charge from 30 years ago. His was for cocaine though so he had to go through the legal process of getting his rights reinstated. Cost some money and took a while but wasn't that difficult with a good attorney. Like I said though you should be fine as long as you disclose it.

Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    As long as it was a misdemeanor and you're not still an active user (which I'm sure your not) you should be fine. I just helped my father-in-law through a similar situation with a drug charge from 30 years ago. His was for cocaine though so he had to go through the legal process of getting his rights reinstated. Cost some money and took a while but wasn't that difficult with a good attorney. Like I said though you should be fine as long as you disclose it.
    Thanks jcreek. It was definitely a misdemeanor so I'm hoping I won't have any trouble.

Call Sgt King @ 225-925-4867 and ask her. She can tell you if you are going to be able to apply.

Quote Originally Posted by 1funvet View Post
    Call Sgt King @ 225-925-4867 and ask her. She can tell you if you are going to be able to apply.
    Thanks funvet. I called Sgt King and she said I should not have any problems. That was nice to hear :)