What type of gun do you typically carry for you concealed? - Page 12
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: What type of gun do you typically carry for you concealed?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Howdy,

Funny you should mention Arkansas and NY because I'm from Arkansas and right now I'm salmon fishing in Alaska with 2 guys from NY and they were shocked at the fact that I was carrying my Glock 23 and that I was able to bring it to Alaska.

Some of the locals have stated that my .40cal wasn't big enough for the brown bears but I told them that unlike Trayvon Martin, I was armed and shootin' back!

Someone asked why I carried a gun and I told them I carried because there were people like George Zimmerman in this world.

Paul
    You won't need to worry about the Zimmerman's of the world as long as you don't assault one of them Pretty Simple Paul

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

Quote Originally Posted by kerb View Post
    You won't need to worry about the Zimmerman's of the world as long as you don't assault one of them Pretty Simple Paul

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Makes me sad he's from Arkansas, but the country has a lot like him. Most just aren't as vocal. That is code, if you know what I mean.
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

I currently carry a Taurus 709 slim IWB with a spare mag in an IWB mag pouch. I hope to upgrade to a Glock 26 soon for better capacity in a better all around gun.

5. I know a lot of you want the big guns. But I'm satisfied carrying either a Bersa Thunder .380 or a Thunder .32. They are dependable and accurate and being slim, easy to conceal IWB. Also carry a spare mag. Remember Bond? James Bond, carried either a .32 or .380 and he does alright. Maybe if I lived in a gang infested neighborhood I would carry a 9mm that holds lots of rounds. Or maybe a Bersa Thunder Plus .380 which holds 15 + 1 rounds of .380. But for now I'm fine with 7 + 1 in my .380 or 10 + 1 in my .32.

Quote Originally Posted by cluznar View Post
    I know a lot of you want the big guns. But I'm satisfied carrying either a Bersa Thunder .380 or a Thunder .32. They are dependable and accurate and being slim, easy to conceal IWB. Also carry a spare mag. Remember Bond? James Bond, carried either a .32 or .380 and he does alright. Maybe if I lived in a gang infested neighborhood I would carry a 9mm that holds lots of rounds. Or maybe a Bersa Thunder Plus .380 which holds 15 + 1 rounds of .380. But for now I'm fine with 7 + 1 in my .380 or 10 + 1 in my .32.

Did you really just use James Bond as a reason to carry a .380?
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

James Bond was a pansy! He ordered his drinks "shaken, not stirred" because that waters them down quicker by melting the ice faster.
    Chief

8. Quote Originally Posted by Stan1 View Post
    Just got my hands on a Smith and Wesson M&P Shield .40, that is now my carry gun. Wanted a Walther PPS, but they are nowhere to be found. For winter carry, I plan to use my M&P full size .40.
    Excuse me but Why... the Shield should be your every day carry. It's still a decent size gun and shoots amazing so why bother to carry something larger and heavier in the same caliber?

Quote Originally Posted by nybuckboy View Post
    Excuse me but Why... the Shield should be your every day carry. It's still a decent size gun and shoots amazing so why bother to carry something larger and heavier in the same caliber?
    Don't know about him, but I have a Shield also. I carry a larger, heavier M&P because of more ammo. Pure and simple.
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Ruger P90 45ACP, Ruger Super Redhawk 44Mag 7.5" in the winter under winter coat.
    Even though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no Evil, for YOU are with me; Remington 44 Mag:

Quote Originally Posted by gejoslin View Post
    Don't know about him, but I have a Shield also. I carry a larger, heavier M&P because of more ammo. Pure and simple.
    New Yorkers aren't allowed more ammo.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast