What type of gun do you typically carry for you concealed? - Page 15
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: What type of gun do you typically carry for you concealed?

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennydale View Post
    I was answering a party who believes that TM was the VICTIM.
    It would help with the continuity of a discussion if you quoted whomever you are replying to. I know that's not always available on smart phones or whatever, but you could start the post with something like, "@So-n'-So re: Post #1899 about TM and GZ in a thread having nothing to do with either of them." Just a thought.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

3. I carry a Bersa Thunder .380 and know it will do the job. .380 is fast becoming very popular as a carry gun. I believe the fact that people have used it to kill coyote, wild boar and bear have made others realize the .380 will do the job. The majority of America are not going to carry a .40 S&W or a .45 acp. Most people want something easily concealed and powerful enough to do the job yet not hard to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    Yeah I've been looking into a M&P Shield 9mm for the Mrs. I traded my PF9 for a Walther PPS .40 and I absolutely LOVE it. Feels awesome in the hand and shoots incredibly smooth and accurate. Trigger is nice and crisp, although not quite as crisp as the Shield.
    We really like my Cathy's Shield! Runs great, only draw back imo is small mag, needs more rounds, like a double stack mag. But that's just me.
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

5. Quote Originally Posted by gejoslin View Post
    We really like my Cathy's Shield! Runs great, only draw back imo is small mag, needs more rounds, like a double stack mag. But that's just me.
    Yeah I would prefer more rounds as well, however I'm trying to talk her into carrying on her person rather than in her purse and I'm sure that would never happen with a big fat double-stack gun. God forbid her gun make her look fat!

Quote Originally Posted by cluznar View Post
    I carry a Bersa Thunder .380 and know it will do the job. .380 is fast becoming very popular as a carry gun. I believe the fact that people have used it to kill coyote, wild boar and bear have made others realize the .380 will do the job. The majority of America are not going to carry a .40 S&W or a .45 acp. Most people want something easily concealed and powerful enough to do the job yet not hard to shoot.

A poster on the Bersa Forums says he "knows" somebody that killed a bear with a .380, and this guy claims it as a "fact" to justify his obsession with under-powered, ballistically-challenged rounds.

Newsflash genius: Killing a young adult black bear with two rounds from a .380 could only be accomplished by the luckiest two shots in the history of history. Either that, or someone else on the Bersa Forums besides you is so obsessed with his ignorant and false sense of security that he thinks the .380 is the magic round that can stop all comers no matter the size (mass), thickness of skin and/or bone (skull) or proximity of target that is armed with claws that could open your head like a cantaloupe with one swipe.

And the "majority" of Americans don't carry a .380. Some do, and that's fine with me, but good grief, your constant exaggerations about how your .380 or .32 will "do the job" on basically any species that draws breath is just ridiculous blather that proves you don't know the first thing about the ballistic profiles of the weapons you choose to carry.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    [your constant exaggerations about how your .380 or .32 will "do the job" on basically any species that draws breath is just ridiculous blather that proves you don't know the first thing about the ballistic profiles of the weapons you choose to carry.

Blues
    I carry a .380 as a BUG because of my neighborhood. Crack-heads are skinny and i don't want over-penetration.
    Chief

Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    I carry a .380 as a BUG because of my neighborhood. Crack-heads are skinny and i don't want over-penetration.
    Yeah, I'd be fairly comfortable if my only targets were going to be skinny crack-heads, but that stuff about the bear is just so much BS I couldn't go without commenting on it.

I don't "hate" .380s. Had several of them throughout the years. Several manufacturers have miniaturized the 9mm handgun so well though, that there's not enough difference between the size and weight to compromise on what, for me, is the smallest round I prefer to carry. I don't get involved in the "caliber wars" per se, I don't criticize anyone for what they carry as a self defense weapon, but when someone tries to pass off a $250 - $300 .380 handgun as a weapon that will "do the job" against freakin' bears, I gotta step in and call it for what it is: B-freakin'-S.

Otherwise, sleep with one eye open. Those skinny crack-heads are sneaky little devils! LOL

Blues

Quote Originally Posted by cluznar View Post
    I carry a Bersa Thunder .380 and know it will do the job. .380 is fast becoming very popular as a carry gun. I believe the fact that people have used it to kill coyote, wild boar and bear have made others realize the .380 will do the job. The majority of America are not going to carry a .40 S&W or a .45 acp. Most people want something easily concealed and powerful enough to do the job yet not hard to shoot.
    Dude are you on crack?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

I believe the fact that people have used it to kill coyote, wild boar and bear have made others realize the .380 will do the job.
    Just saw a Animal Planet show about the feral pigs in Central Texas where the man had to shoot the pig 3 times with a 357 mag. Something about a 2" thick bone around the neck and shoulders.
    Just sayin'.
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

11. Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Dude are you on crack?
    Somebody is seriously on something!

What type of gun do you typically carry for you concealed?-saxds45acp.jpg

What type of gun do you typically carry for you concealed?-natesquared_zps880b127b.jpg

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast