What type of gun do you typically carry for you concealed? - Page 16
Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: What type of gun do you typically carry for you concealed?

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    I don't "hate" .380s. Had several of them throughout the years. Several manufacturers have miniaturized the 9mm handgun so well though, that there's not enough difference between the size and weight to compromise on what, for me, is the smallest round I prefer to carry.
    Blues
    I am good with a 9mm. I have 2, both compact and double stack. I know the military never does anything without contractors providing extensive research, and when we went from the .45 to the 9mm I was initially skeptical. The Colt is still a prettier gun, but I can afford to shoot the 9mm more often.
    That said, I never leave the house without a 2nd gun and the LCP only weighs 9oz and fits in my pocket well. With a good holster it looks like you have a cell phone in your pocket.
    Chief

I am usually carrying one or the other of these a S&W 6906 or a 4006. Identical platform and close enough to the same size for holsters to be pretty interchangeable.

Depending on my pants I can get away with the 6906 (lower right bobbed hammer) in my pocket
    Attached Images Attached Images What type of gun do you typically carry for you concealed?-carry.jpg 
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

4. My Every Day Carry weapon is a Glock 22 (40cal. S&W) in a leather IWB holster made by Joe Cardon Cardon Holsters in the 3:00 position. In a more formal setting, I carry a smaller Taurus PT111 (9mm) in a belly pouch.

5. I carry a Bersa Thunder .380. It holds 7 and and I use hollow points. I have carried a .38 snub nose and a Taurus .25. It really comes down to what you feel comfortable with. All I know is if you point any gun at someone they will probably not mess with you. I know I wouldn't.

I mostly carry a Bursa CC .380 in summer because it is small and easy to conceal with shorts and T-shirt.

I carry a Glock 23 in winter.

Depending on the weather, either a Ruger SR40c (with the small clip) or when it's jacket weather (which doesn't happen often in south Texas) a Glock 22.

8. Wow. I don't have anything against a .380. Any caliber is better than nothing. Whatever will end up w/ you carrying all the time is fine in my book.

BUT... I carry XDs in .45 & sometimes an LC9 depending on what I feel like. I take both to the range very often & drill w/ both equally. To me, the caliber that will result in you actually shooting a lot & working on clearing jams [cheap enough, tolerable recoil for you to shoot a lot, & allows for capacity you're looking for] is the one you should carry. But let's not pretend that few people carry .40's & .45's. I know only 2 people that carry .380 exclusively. My wife & my mother. If it's between that & nothing, I'm very happy for them to do it. But everyone else I know generally carries 9mm, .40, .45, .357M.

9. Having a larger frame 200 + and 6'4" I carry a 1911 4.25"

I carry either a Kahr PM45 or Glock 19 depending on what I'm wearing and doing that day.

Most of the time I carry my Keltec P32. Occasionally I'll back it up with my Kahr PM9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast