What type of gun do you typically carry for you concealed? - Page 20
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: What type of gun do you typically carry for you concealed?

1. UPDATE ON CARRY WEPONS.............what I carry depends on where I am going and what I am wearing . first I ALWAYS carry my AMERICAN ARMS 22 mag [with its one inch barrel it will fit anywhere] and to those of you thinking "22 mag. what a wimpy gun" I have NEVER FOUND A VOLINTEER WANTING TO GET SHOT WITH IT . next up is a BERSA THUNDER in 380 cal . than a RUGER LC9 with LASER MAX in 9 mm . getting larger a 1911 five inch barrel in 45 cal . last up the "food" chain is a DESERT EAGLE IN 44 MAG worn in a shoulder holster .

Quote Originally Posted by barrygray0 View Post
    UPDATE ON CARRY WEPONS.............what I carry depends on where I am going and what I am wearing . first I ALWAYS carry my AMERICAN ARMS 22 mag [with its one inch barrel it will fit anywhere] and to those of you thinking "22 mag. what a wimpy gun" I have NEVER FOUND A VOLINTEER WANTING TO GET SHOT WITH IT . next up is a BERSA THUNDER in 380 cal . than a RUGER LC9 with LASER MAX in 9 mm . getting larger a 1911 five inch barrel in 45 cal . last up the "food" chain is a DESERT EAGLE IN 44 MAG worn in a shoulder holster .
    I have a bb gun, a paintball marker...heck I have an extra broom stick in my garage...I haven't met anyone who would volunteer to get hit by any of those either.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Kahr P380

I always carry unless I am going where it is outlawed. Then I leave it in my car. I carry a Kahr P380. Light, accurate and a dream to shoot for a small gun. In my car I carry a a baby Glock 40 cal.. Would carry the Glock full time but it is just too heavy. I pocket carry because I am generally in shorts and a T-shirt. Living in Florida.

BTW - Always loaded and chambered. All guns, all the time.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Travelador View Post
    I always carry unless I am going where it is outlawed. Then I leave it in my car. I carry a Kahr P380. Light, accurate and a dream to shoot for a small gun. In my car I carry a a baby Glock 40 cal.. Would carry the Glock full time but it is just too heavy. I pocket carry because I am generally in shorts and a T-shirt. Living in Florida.

BTW - Always loaded and chambered. All guns, all the time.
    Travelador you might wanna look into this holster. My buddy bought one and let me try it on. Its insane how comfortable it is and its crazy how you can wear it with literally any outfit. I liked it so much I ordered one for myself and I dont even have my ccw yet lol. When I do finally get it in the mail, this will be carrying my glock 27. Youtube has some good videos on it as well. Good luck.

http://www.tactipac.com/fusionpac-iw...carry-holster/

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    I am not a fan of Taurus, so I say this somewhat begrudgingly, but that is one fine looking weapon. Is that a marketing picture, or did you take it? Great pic in any case.

Blues
    Got it off the website. I've had several Taurus' in the past and all held up well and were very accurate. I guess we'll see about this one. When I get it out next month I'll let everyone know how well (or not) it performs.
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

7. Im in indiana and i bought a gun for my wife for x mas and the shop i was in said that if we are married that it didnt matter what name it went in...

8. I carry a full-size Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm (17 round mag). Why?

(1) I want a 9mm. The ballistic difference between it and a .45-- in terms of energy delivered-- is negligible. Check out the YouTube Brass Fetcher tests.
    (2) I'm a really good shot with my M&P, have lots of range time (and rounds through it), so I know it very well.
    (3) The handle width/ overall thickness difference between my M&P and the next smaller size M&P is not all that significant.
    (4) I like the fact that I have 17 rounds available. This factors in nerves and misses. Check the stats on cops under stress; they miss most of their shots. 17 rounds is good.
    (5) 1911 fans (of which I am one) like the "stopping power" of the .45 round. Facts are you need three .45 rounds to stop an attacker... same as a 9mm.
    (5) I really like the gun... after I put the APEKS kit into it. It means business.
    (6) There's no question that it will get the job done... for me or for an assailant.

Down size: it is a full-size gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Dakers View Post

(1) I want a 9mm. The ballistic difference between it and a .45-- in terms of energy delivered-- is negligible.
    (5) 1911 fans (of which I am one) like the "stopping power" of the .45 round. Facts are you need three .45 rounds to stop an attacker... same as a 9mm.
    Interesting.

~ FIGHT CRIME-SHOOT BACK ~
    ~ GOD HATES RELIGION ~

Taurus 845 (12 round .45) or Taurus PT99 (9mm 20rnd)
    Wife carries Ruger SR9C (9mm 17rnds)

11. Bersa Thunder .380 7+1 or a Bersa Thunder .32 10+1

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast