What type of gun do you typically carry for you concealed? - Page 6
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: What type of gun do you typically carry for you concealed?

1. Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    I don't know the laws in the OP's state but if they have gun registration she probably would need the gun to be registered to her if she wanted to carry it. I won't even get into the odd choices of calibers
    I don't know of any state that would require you to go through an FFL for any in-state transfer. The only way to "reregister" a gun in someone else's name is to go through an FFL. Federal law only requires that for across state line transfers. I've never heard of states requiring you to do that for in-state transfers. I have several guns that are in other people's names and I have several friends that have guns in my name.

3. What type of gun do you typically carry for you concealed?

But I personally carry a Walther PPS in .40 S&W. Best gun I've ever shot and super comfortable in the hand. When my fiancé gets her CWP I'm getting her the same thing in 9mm.

I carried a Glock 27 for a couple years. Recently bought and carry a Smith and Wesson E Series fullsize 45 in a IWB Panther Concealment holster and it's not hard to keep it concealed at all for me. I'm 5" 10" and weigh about 200 lbs. and frequently hide it under a XL t-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan1 View Post
    Just got my hands on a Smith and Wesson M&P Shield .40, that is now my carry gun. Wanted a Walther PPS, but they are nowhere to be found. For winter carry, I plan to use my M&P full size .40.
    I put my name on a waiting list at local gun shop for a M&P Shield 40 cal. just last week.....thinking same thing for summer carry !

I have carryed several different guns over the years, just about everything from a 22 to a 500 mag, but seem to have setteled on a compact 1911 45 (Kimber Ultra CDP) or a Glock 27, sometimes both, along with a TCP 380 in my pocket, I know I have said before what you carry is not as important as being able to handle what you have effectivly in a high stress situation, the bigger caliber the better, but a shot between the eyes of a BG with a 22 or a 380 is a whole lot better than a big hole in the wall from a 45......whatever you do end up carrying be as good as you can with it, (so loading, racking, shooting, and most important hitting what your shooting at) become second nature
    Bad Guys of the world beware the next time you think about jumping on a old guy, because its a fair bet he's to old to fight and probably to fat to run, but can put one in your eye at 50ft with his weak hand

Amie, the gun store said that because I'm fairly sure its like Tennessee there, there is no gun (registration) so it really dont matter which one of you carry what gun, so long as you have a permit, also if you just kept the gun in your home you do not need a permit at all, here you do not need a permit to buy a gun only to carry it
    Bad Guys of the world beware the next time you think about jumping on a old guy, because its a fair bet he's to old to fight and probably to fat to run, but can put one in your eye at 50ft with his weak hand

8. I carry a steel frame Baby Desert Eagle .45 with an extra 10 round mag.

9. I usually carry my Ruger SP101, 3" .357 Magnum on me as I am right now. When I'm in semi-auto mode it is my SIG SP2022 .40 and both firearms are retained in CrossBreed SuperTuck Deluxe holsters.

My wife has a Kimber Carry II and I carry A Kimber Pro Raptor II, both .45's.

Glock 19, waiting for the XDs 9mm to start hitting the shelves.

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast