Concealing
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Concealing

Concealing

I have a Glock 22 and sometimes it prints on my shirt. Could I get into trouble if someone notices and calls the police? I do have a concealed weapons permit but would that matter? Some insight on this would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos_AMR View Post
    I have a Glock 22 and sometimes it prints on my shirt. Could I get into trouble if someone notices and calls the police? I do have a concealed weapons permit but would that matter? Some insight on this would be great.

I carry a Glock 23 and it prints almost every time. I also have my CWP. We are not doing anything wrong. If someone calls LE, just cooperate. I watch store fronts for gun banner signs and I follow the laws to the letter as far as where I go to avoid carry hot spots. Carry on my friend!

4. also depends on your state law regarding open carry. If permitted, your not breaking the law, just not concealed.

In Texas, "printing" through a cover garment, means that someone can see the "outline" of a firearm through the cover garment, and is against the law. "Concealed" means concealed from view. So it does depend upon your state laws.
    Stop, Drop, and Roll won't work in Hell.
    The truth about the former Republic of the United States of America:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Ioz...ayer_embedded#

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos_AMR View Post
    it all depends on the law in your state, some have said it is illegal to print where they are, here in FLA it is not a good thing to be printing but it is not illegal anymore, without knowing where you are it is impossible to give you a correct answer for where you are

7. Changing states of residency

Hope I'm not changing the subject but wish to ask a question about concealed laws. I lived in SC and have a SC concealed carry permit. While I lived in SC I also applied for and received a permit from Florida. Now, I just moved residency to NC. Do I now need to reapply or do my present permits carry over and valid in NC. Or, do I lose one or the other if I do not reapply in NC???

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by in2health View Post
    Hope I'm not changing the subject but wish to ask a question about concealed laws. I lived in SC and have a SC concealed carry permit. While I lived in SC I also applied for and received a permit from Florida. Now, I just moved residency to NC. Do I now need to reapply or do my present permits carry over and valid in NC. Or, do I lose one or the other if I do not reapply in NC???

Thanks in advance
    Pretty sure you have to reapply in NC since you are now a resident of NC. I would call the Sheriffs office of the county you are now living in to confirm but pretty sure they will say you are playing the system if you continue beyond a reasonable time frame without getting NC permit.

I asked a county sheriff in NY and he told me as long as it was covered it is ok if it prints.

Texas has a bill working it's way through now that would change the law so that instead of reading "failing to conceal" it would say "intentional displaying". Still no open carry but a start.
    Charlie Given
    Benefactor Life Member NRA and NRA Golden Eagle
    Life Member Gun Owners of America, Life Member of Texas State Rifle Association

JSDinTexas Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by UATKP View Post
    In Texas, "printing" through a cover garment, means that someone can see the "outline" of a firearm through the cover garment, and is against the law. "Concealed" means concealed from view. So it does depend upon your state laws.
    For what it's worth, TX is changing the law from the phrase "fails to conceal" to the phrase "intentionally displays" meaning it will not be illegal if the display is unintentional, ie. printing. This is SB299, originally HB1304. I believe the theory here is since open carry will not happen in this legis session, they are making it easier to carry concealed with less problems of absolute concealment, (THIS IS MY OPINION ONLY).
    It is ready for Perry's signature, and will be law 9/1/13.
    See all about it here:
    Texas Legislature Online - 83(R) History for SB 299

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast