IL finally did it. In case you haven't heard
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IL finally did it. In case you haven't heard

IL finally did it. In case you haven't heard

I glady moved from the Republic of IL 6 years ago. But its about fricken time....
    May 24, 2013
    Ill. House passes concealed gun bill
    Over objections of Gov. Pat Quinn and Mayor Rahm Emanuel, the House approved a concealed weapons bill today that is aimed at ending Illinois’ status as the last state in the nation without a law to allow its citizens to carry guns in public.

It's a start, but it isn't over yet.
    "Beware the fury of a patient man." --John Dryden,
    British poet, critic and playwright

Not gonna happen...

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

As a starting point, the bill as amended isn't horrible. The list of prohibited places is way too inclusive, but parking lot storage is permitted.

Non-resident licensing is a bit odd - in order to get a non-resident permit, your state must have permitting laws substantially similar to IL's. What's up with that? Guess as an SD resident, I'll not be able to get an IL permit (not that I really want one, at $300). I saw no mention of reciprocity.

Full text of current version: http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/98/S...2193ham002.pdf
    Never argue with a red-haired witch. It wastes your breath and only delays the inevitable. --the collected sayings of Wiz Zumwalt

I wonder how many restrictions and limitations were added to the bill before it finally passed, and if the end result is actually worth a damn.

Read the bill. It's not perfect, but it has pre-emption and is shall carry. Madigan will ram it through the senate over Quinn and Cullerton's objections, so he appeases downstate democrats, puts this behind him, and start tackling some of our other problems. This bill was never about concealed carry, unfortunately, but about power in the state and who wields it. Welcome to Illinois politics (said rather sarcastically by a down-stater).
    Mike

Thumbs down

The bill requires 16 hours of training with three hours on range. So they will not honor ANY other state!

ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dustoffuh1 View Post
    I glady moved from the Republic of IL 6 years ago. But its about fricken time....
    May 24, 2013
    Ill. House passes concealed gun bill
    Over objections of Gov. Pat Quinn and Mayor Rahm Emanuel, the House approved a concealed weapons bill today that is aimed at ending Illinois’ status as the last state in the nation without a law to allow its citizens to carry guns in public.
    Still has to pass in the Senate, where any pro-gun legislation goes to die in Illinois.

Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    Still has to pass in the Senate, where any pro-gun legislation goes to die in Illinois.
    They MUST pass something by Jun 7th! But whatever they pass will be crap for everyone but the ********** in the Windy City!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vernsimpson View Post
    The bill requires 16 hours of training with three hours on range. So they will not honor ANY other state!
    Also has a $150 fee, and there's no telling how much will be charged for that length of training and range time. So they are doing everything they can to keep the average person from pursuing it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast