Stopped by a cop, what to do? - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 86

Thread: Stopped by a cop, what to do?

  1. #71

    Respect gets Respect, it is a two way street.

    Years ago in Ohio the officer/trooper would have you come back to the vehicle to check your documents and issue whatever they decided was necessary. This really gave you an opportunity to interact with them and more often than not talk your way out of a ticket, at least that is what happened with me. They don't do that anymore for security reasons and this handicaps those who disobey the law trusting their mannerism to get them out of a ticket. That said, I've always been respectful of anyone who can cost me money for any reason and has worked well for me. Regarding peace officers I just do everything I can not to break or disturb the peace so I don't have to rely on their reaction to my mannerisms.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

  2.   
  3. #72
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sepra Peratus/Arkansas
    Posts
    1,638
    Quote Originally Posted by dogshawred View Post
    Years ago in Ohio the officer/trooper would have you come back to the vehicle to check your documents and issue whatever they decided was necessary. This really gave you an opportunity to interact with them and more often than not talk your way out of a ticket, at least that is what happened with me. They don't do that anymore for security reasons and this handicaps those who disobey the law trusting their mannerism to get them out of a ticket. That said, I've always been respectful of anyone who can cost me money for any reason and has worked well for me. Regarding peace officers I just do everything I can not to break or disturb the peace so I don't have to rely on their reaction to my mannerisms.
    Back when I was 14 and got my license in Texas it was considered good manners to get out of your truck and meet the officer halfway. Things sure have changed in the 47 years I've been around. And yeah I'm respectful to them and their respectful to me, it works out for both of us that way.
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

  4. Quote Originally Posted by gejoslin View Post
    Back when I was 14 and got my license in Texas it was considered good manners to get out of your truck and meet the officer halfway. Things sure have changed in the 47 years I've been around. And yeah I'm respectful to them and their respectful to me, it works out for both of us that way.
    Do that now and you can expect pepper spray, a couple thousand volts, or worse.

  5. #74
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Houston Metro Area, Texas
    Posts
    3,004
    Officer, Trooper, Sargent not sir or ma'm.

  6. #75
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sepra Peratus/Arkansas
    Posts
    1,638
    Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    Do that now and you can expect pepper spray, a couple thousand volts, or worse.
    Your right! Now days it's both hands on the steering wheel and since the neck fusion it's trying to turn my head enough to see the cop.
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

  7. #76
    I was pulled over by a cop once and he ask me did I know why I was pulled over and i said no, he said I was speeding and trying to elude him and I told him that I was speeding and trying to get away because my x wife ran off with a cop and I thought you were trying to return her.

  8. #77
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by thoricuncle View Post
    Only Monday Morning Quarterbacking I would give is when he asked, "Do you know why I pulled you over?"; the correct answer is, "No Sir".
    It depends on how long your where following me officer.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  9. #78
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    Officer, Trooper, Sargent not sir or ma'm.
    Yep. The only person I'll ever call "sir" is my father.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  10. #79
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,899
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Yep. The only person I'll ever call "sir" is my father.
    Meh, It's really not that big a deal to me I generally call anyone I don't know on a first name basis "Sir". I've not noticed that it's made me less of a man
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

  11. #80
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Lowcountry of South Carolina
    Posts
    2,039
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Meh, It's really not that big a deal to me I generally call anyone I don't know on a first name basis "Sir". I've not noticed that it's made me less of a man
    Nah, your avatar does that!

    Seriously though, me neither, I think that has to do with where you were brought up. In most southern states is is just a sign of respect (or the absence of disrespect), not subservience.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast