Stopped by a cop, what to do? - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Stopped by a cop, what to do?

After having worked most of my life in the service industry and having employed hundreds if not thousands of young people during that time. I feel I can say with great confidence that it is a generational attitude, don't get me wrong for it is not lost it is just not prevalent among out younger generations.
    ~
    Who among you ever called either of your parents by their first name and didn't get whooped real good? The first time I heard that occur I just about had a cow right there on the spot (Never been shy and most call me opinionated) and corrected the child. The mother started to say something and the father just shut her up and thanked me.
    ~
    Manners are attitudes we live by and we learn through living life give us an earned appreciation for those around us that can provide us with life lessons. Lessons we would otherwise be devoid.
    ~
    Sir is an honorific address used as a courtesy title to address a man without using his given name or family name in many English speaking cultures. It is often used in formal correspondence (Dear Sir, Right Reverend Sir). I was raise to answer my parents with "yes father/yes mother" to honor their position in my life as those who raised me to be the man I am today. Honor one gives their parents freely, respect to all others must be earned by them.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

Quote Originally Posted by ZIG1911 View Post
    It took about 5-7 minutes, he came back from other side of my car, opened the passenger door, looked inside with the flashlight first, then replaced my pistol next to the passenger seat, under the door side... closed the door and said he won't give me ticket at this time, I have to be careful on my turns, and said I could take the gun where it is right now after he left.
    Your doors were not locked

In my truck, the doors lock automatically when I reach 18 MPH the first time. If in my other vehicles that don't automatically lock the doors, when I stopped, I have only the drivers window down, and doors locked. Gotta admit that when I've been stopped, I understood the reason. If I felt it to be more of a snipe hunt, the window will only be open a few inches to communicate.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Quote Originally Posted by dogshawred View Post
    ~
    Who among you ever called either of your parents by their first name and didn't get whooped real good?
    Me, I never called my parents by other than their first name, and while my daughter did and still does call me dad, I sure as hell wouldn't whoop her for calling me by my first name.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

5. Stopped by a cop, what to do?

I was not stopped but just sitting on the side of the road with my flashers on. A state policeman stopped to see if i needed any help which I didn't. He noticed my car gun, a CZ-75 in a kingston car seat holster between my legs at the edge of the seat. He asked me if i had a CCP I said yes. He asked to see it. I said sure and handed it to him. He looked at it for a few seconds gave it back to me and said " your a good guy". Then went on his way. It felt really good about that.

6. Quote Originally Posted by donp326 View Post
    I was not stopped but just sitting on the side of the road with my flashers on. A state policeman stopped to see if i needed any help which I didn't. He noticed my car gun, a CZ-75 in a kingston car seat holster between my legs at the edge of the seat. He asked me if i had a CCP I said yes. He asked to see it. I said sure and handed it to him. He looked at it for a few seconds gave it back to me and said " your a good guy". Then went on his way. It felt really good about that.
    Well what cops and the gov't don't realize is that that card isn't what makes you a good guy. He should have known that as soon as he saw your gun and realized he wasn't being drawn down on or shot at. The credentials you have to be able to legally carry don't make you good or bad, it's the actions you take. Just like having a drivers license doesn't make you a good driver by any stretch of the imagination.

7. I had a good short conversation with the officer after that that is when the the "good guy" came out. I was not because of my CCP. A side note here. A several days ago a local police officer was shot and died from the wounds. The lowlife that did it had not been found as of my contact with the State Police officer. I was pulled off the road in the same area as the other police man was shot (unknown to me).

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789