Oops! :-/ - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Oops! :-/

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"
    Quote Originally Posted by CarryNM View Post
    Not in NM. A copy of your CCL is not worth the paper it is printed on. Our law, like most states I assume, says you must have the license on your person, and not a copy.
    I believe that rule also applies to those of us living in the state of Texas as well.
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Never left my wallet at home, that I can remember. But I did leave it in my truck, after having to pay for fast food. Then got in a truck with a friend and left the drivein to go elsewhere. Felt nekkid, too.
    You're not alone, Outlaw. :o)
    Stop, Drop, and Roll won't work in Hell.
    The truth about the former Republic of the United States of America:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Ioz...ayer_embedded#

Quote Originally Posted by CarryNM View Post
    Not in NM. A copy of your CCL is not worth the paper it is printed on. Our law, like most states I assume, says you must have the license on your person, and not a copy. fortunately here, I could just tuck in my shirt and OC, and still be legal.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    I believe that rule also applies to those of us living in the state of Texas as well.
    Also not in Ohio. You have to have your actual license on you. Same rules as a drivers license.

the only thing that you could have done better was to have some sort of safe in your car for when you need to leave the gun behind

Quote Originally Posted by birdman46g View Post
    Outlaw just make a copy of your permit and put it with your regestration and insurance card in each vehicle. It's always with you that way.
    that may work in your state, but it won't work in many others, please remember this a national board and there are at least 57 (according to obuma) different state regs to be dealt with

Been there, done that, and handled the same. :) It is an unnerving feeling. Never thought of just OC'ing, as is acceptable here in NV. A legible copy is all that's required in NV, Correct?

Quote Originally Posted by ConcealCincinnati View Post
    ... never without my keys or gun...
    Funny how the mind prioritizes. You have the NECESSITIES and those things we subconsciously recognize as state required RED TAPE.

"Checklist" is an excellent mindset for leaving the house. Wallet, cellphone, keys, gun...1,2,3, 4. I do it every time. Not saying I could never forget, but I haven't yet and don't think I will.
    Quote Originally Posted by yuppor View Post
    ... put your wallet in your other pocket, and better yet, carry your gun in a front pants pocket rig. If it won't fit, your gun is too big and heavy for realistic ccw, or your pants are too tight, or both.
    I will agree with carrying your wallet on your weak side. Good idea. But what on earth are you basing the rest of this on? If it won't fit in your front pocket it's not a CCW gun? If you're not a pocket-gun person you shouldn't carry? Nonsense. During cooler times of the year I frequently conceal carry a full-size 1911. I promise you you won't see it until it's time for business...

Have had it happen did same thing you did wife can drive with weapon in car as can I in Texas, don't drink when I carry, but with Maubary v Madison any law not in compliance is null and void, when travelling by car I pack a copy of all state firearms regulations in which I am traveling, (little bit of problem) but worth it in my book. 2nd Amendment should protect you in all states. Wish Texas would go constitutional state.

I have done the same thing, and handled it the same way. Problem is that I carry my CHP with my DL (since I have to show them both by law here), so if I forget one, I forgot them both. I do not want to go around OCing with no DL. Pistol at that point is unloaded and in the trunk.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast