Oops! :-/ - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Oops! :-/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Speaking of running off and leaving their gun in the bathroom. That happened to an officer that I used to work with at a hospital on a prisoner transport. In his defense we were working a 20 hour day that day. The inmate went to the bathroom and found his gun. Talk about a nervous moment. Luckily the inmate let him know about the weapon and didnt do what he could have done.
    Whoooooaaaaaaaaa

3. Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Speaking of running off and leaving their gun in the bathroom. That happened to an officer that I used to work with at a hospital on a prisoner transport. In his defense we were working a 20 hour day that day. The inmate went to the bathroom and found his gun. Talk about a nervous moment. Luckily the inmate let him know about the weapon and didnt do what he could have done.
    Listen I'll be the first to stand up for everyday human error, and I understand pulling extra long shifts...but that's just the kinda mistaken that cannot be made. He should have lost his job for that. That wasn't just his life he put in harms way unnecessarily.

Yup. Done that. Never leave my gun. Forget my wallet? Too easy. There is no weight to it. And there is definitely no money in it!

Psalm 82:3-5

Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    Listen I'll be the first to stand up for everyday human error, and I understand pulling extra long shifts...but that's just the kinda mistaken that cannot be made. He should have lost his job for that. That wasn't just his life he put in harms way unnecessarily.
    A family member who worked for the FBI had an issue with insulin shock, left his gun in the Bathroom of a VA Clinic and lost his job. No BG's around... You have a valid point. Those are the kind of mistakes you only make once.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatherer View Post
    SEVERAL (30?) years ago I had a .22 mag. in one of those 'belt buckle gun holders'. Push the button and it falls into your hand. Cool! So I thought. I stopped in a rest area to 'use the facility's' and dam if I didn't hit that stupid button. I guess you can guess where the gun went. Never again! And I have also gone out and forgot my wallet. Same feeling you had.
    By the way....I didn't leave it in the crapper. I scooped it out as fast as could.

7. So you've made bad choices with 90+% of your defensive gun choices, so what? :-) Fix it, or realize that you're suboptimal about always being armed.

Hopefully this won't hijack the thread too badly...
    Does anyone have stories where they were armed / concealed and didn't have the CHP with them? How did the encounter go? We're the LEO friendly and understanding? Or did you get a full cavity frisk?

I, too have done that.

The problem is in Texas I believe it is a felony to have a concealed gun without
    your license. One must be very careful not to go out in Texas without all one's
    paperwork!
    The Second Amendment is NOT about hunting!

10. given a proper choice of ccw gun, rig and location of same, nobody will ever know that you are ccwing, so why would you worry about it? I know a guy who has sat in many a police car, getting a ticket, while he armed, sometimes with a LW Commander, other times with pocket guns. Just keep cool, and the issue will never be raised.

Routine, habit, ritual all good for this.

Many years ago I started emptying my pockets at night into a tray/pan/pie plate so that the next day everything is together in one place so I won't forget anything. This all started when I was told that if anything was left in my laundry it would get washed as no one was going to check after me for anything. My mother was a wise woman and started a habit that has saved my butt only God knows how many times. I know my wife likes it.
    ~
    That said having a routine helps with whatever you do, there are times when I wonder if I'm not just a little OCD because some of the things I do. Especially regarding my weapons and the habits I have regarding my carrying open or concealed.
    ~
    I really don't want to say anything because I know it will jinx me, so I not going to.............you get the idea.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast