Oops! :-/ - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Oops! :-/

I forgot my wallet two days ago. Easy fix for me though. If I was in a car I just unloaded my firearm. When I was outside a car I open carried.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

3. Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    I forgot my wallet two days ago. Easy fix for me though. If I was in a car I just unloaded my firearm. When I was outside a car I open carried.
    You can't have a loaded gun in your car in your state? Kinda defeats the purpose of having one. Like Marshal Cogburn said, "If it ain't loaded it don't shoot".

I am very OC about certain things, like keys, ID, phone, and have a check ritual before leaving the house (I do it more than once hehe ) so......no, I rarely forget these things. I redo the checks after I leave the house too, and if something is not there I enter anxiety mode which forces me to go back for it.
    ...SCOTUS says we're right...You don't like it. I'm sorry you don't like it. I guess that's a problem for you. Some people don't like gays. Some don't like alcohol. Some don't like meat. ~michaelzwilliamson

Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    You can't have a loaded gun in your car in your state? Kinda defeats the purpose of having one. Like Marshal Cogburn said, "If it ain't loaded it don't shoot".
    Ridiculous isn't it. Washington doesn't allow loaded handguns in a vehicle without a permit.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

I think the only answer to all this confusion regarding State Laws is to follow the 10th Ammendment. Since guns was one of the rights delegated to the Feds to protect, the States need to GTFO. As far as the Feds, they already have NICS (the N means NATIONAL!). Done. They have the ability to keep guns out of what they have deemed to be the wrong hands. If they would quit wasting time and money on legislation they could build more prisons and have a place to keep the Felons so they don't have to worry about them being on the street buying guns!

7. Never left my wallet but I've forgotten my cell phone a few times

Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    Since guns was one of the rights delegated to the Feds to protect, the States need to GTFO.
    What does this mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    What does this mean?
    Amendment X
    The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
    This gives power to the states over anything not delegated to the Feds. In Amendment 2, the right to bear arms is delegated to the Feds. This means that any State infringements are technically unconstitutional.

Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    This gives power to the states over anything not delegated to the Feds. In Amendment 2, the right to bear arms is delegated to the Feds. This means that any State infringements are technically unconstitutional.
    I'm still confused. Are you saying the feds have the Right to regulate firearms?

11. Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    I'm still confused. Are you saying the feds have the Right to regulate firearms?
    I think he's saying the states have somehow given themselves that right despite it being on the Constitution (a more or less "federal" document) that they can't.

But I think it goes beyond the 10th amendment. The 14th amendment is even more specific by saying that although the states have the right to govern themselves, they absolutely cannot touch anything in the Bill of Rights...PERIOD!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast