Oops! :-/
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oops! :-/

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Unhappy Oops! :-/

My family and I decided to go out to an early dinner at one of our favorite all you can eat buffets.
    I was concealed carrying my trusty Glock 27 as usual and I drove the family in my wifes vehicle (she did not want to drive).
    We arrived at the location and got into line to pre-pay at the register. When it was our turn to pay, I reached for my wallet to suddenly realize that I had completely forgotten my wallet at home!

I felt like a real dumb a$$.

Luckily my wife had brought her purse, but I quickly realized that I was out in public armed with my Glock 27 with no I.D. and no CHL whatsoever (Not a good feeling).

I excused myself from the line as I went back outside to our vehicle.
    I re-entered the vehicle making sure that nobody could see me disarming as I hid my sidearm inside the vehicle.
    I then locked up the vehicle and went back into the buffet to eat dinner with my family.
    My wife ended up driving us all back home.

I felt 'very lucky' that I was not pulled over when I was driving, because it probably would have been a very bad day for me if I was pulled over by the wrong kind of law enforcement officer.

Has this situation ever happened to any of my other brothers and sisters in arms?
    Did I handle it correctly?
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Yes it has! Funny how you can move your ccw from one set of clothes to another with out thinking about it, but at the same time forget your money, keys, wallet, etc.. I try to keep it down to a dozen times a year or so!

Sticky situation right there. I run through my checklist every time I leave the house; wallet, keys, knife, gun. I'm still human, though. Every once in a while I walk out without my knife or wallet but never without my keys or gun. When I realize it I do the same thing you did; unload and stow my gun according to Ohio law and have my wife drive if she's with me. If I'm out by myself I will usually call home and if the wife is there have her bring me my wallet. Might be overkill, but better safe than sorry, right? I mean, isn't that why we carry in the first place...better safe than sorry...

5. Been there..done that. But... (psst::: I'm not going nekkid fer nuthin'!!)
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    Proud Parent of an American Soldier!

I believe that most of us have left something behind at home. I do have a theory about that, grey hair is from grey matter leaking out!

7. People run off and leave their GUN, sometimes in public restrooms. be aware that you probably "flash" your gun to everyone on your strong side if you carry it fbi, and keep your wallet on that hip, too. put your wallet in your other pocket, and better yet, carry your gun in a front pants pocket rig. If it won't fit, your gun is too big and heavy for realistic ccw, or your pants are too tight, or both.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    My family and I decided to go out to an early dinner at one of our favorite all you can eat buffets.
    I was concealed carrying my trusty Glock 27 as usual and I drove the family in my wifes vehicle (she did not want to drive).
    We arrived at the location and got into line to pre-pay at the register. When it was our turn to pay, I reached for my wallet to suddenly realize that I had completely forgotten my wallet at home!

I felt like a real dumb a$$.

Luckily my wife had brought her purse, but I quickly realized that I was out in public armed with my Glock 27 with no I.D. and no CHL whatsoever (Not a good feeling).

I excused myself from the line as I went back outside to our vehicle.
    I re-entered the vehicle making sure that nobody could see me disarming as I hid my sidearm inside the vehicle.
    I then locked up the vehicle and went back into the buffet to eat dinner with my family.
    My wife ended up driving us all back home.

I felt 'very lucky' that I was not pulled over when I was driving, because it probably would have been a very bad day for me if I was pulled over by the wrong kind of law enforcement officer.

Has this situation ever happened to any of my other brothers and sisters in arms?
    Did I handle it correctly?
    Hey, we've all done it. You handled it well. My wife always has her CCW permit in her pocketbook so I get lucky... I just hand-off the gun to her.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Oops! :-/

I've don't it before. One thing CT got right is if you forget your CCW and it is still valid it's a small infraction I think $35.00.. When I did it I was driving to a family members house and just slowed down until I got there. Then drove very slowly home.
    Guns.??? What Guns???

Outlaw just make a copy of your permit and put it with your regestration and insurance card in each vehicle. It's always with you that way.

Not in NM. A copy of your CCL is not worth the paper it is printed on. Our law, like most states I assume, says you must have the license on your person, and not a copy. fortunately here, I could just tuck in my shirt and OC, and still be legal.
    I am old and slow, BUT dead on with my aim!!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast