Sam's Club carry. - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sam's Club carry.

Quote Originally Posted by missoak View Post
    Man, you guys from CO. are sure crabby !
    C'mon man I was kidding
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Man, you guys from CO. are sure crabby !
    C'mon man I was kidding
    I thought it was pretty funny LOL
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by pmb61 View Post
    I NEVER wear shirts or hats with gun logos on them. Just my choice but I prefer not to ID myself as someone who might be carrying. Even when I teach a class, I put my Instructor shirt on at the range, and take it off as I leave.
    True, great advice if you always CC. However, if one chooses OC, then it really wouldn't make much of a difference with your sidearm displayed. (And yes, the OP was CC. I didn't miss that fact)
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGadgets View Post
    Same reason I don't have NRA or GOA stickers on my truck. I don't want the attention and the posibility of someone breaking into my truck for my weapon.
    I definitely don't advertise on my truck. If i were a thief and saw an unattended truck with NRA stickers and other firearm paraphernalia advertised, especially if it were parked in a lot of a no gun zone store, that would be my first target.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Since we're goiing there anyway

I have some NRA logoed hats and some from the Pikes Peak Gun Club but I find that I never wear them unless I am going to a gun show or to the range. The last time I wore the NRA hat elsewhere was to church and the pastor acted like he’d hit a brick wall when he saw it. (Not sure why, he knew I carried in his church)
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.

I work for a large retailer who has a no firearms policy, and I used to be one of the guys who would approach someone who was carrying a side arm and inform that person of our no firearms policy. Sometimes it went well, and sometimes it did not. The worst part was trying to converse with them that hey, I am a gun owner as well, and that I supported the 2A. Then one day something interesting happened. I approached a young man who had a gun on his hip and explained to him our policy. He smiled and said, "Do you read the newspapers?"
    Me: "Yes, we live in a crazy world".
    Him: "Did you read about the 19 year old kid who was shot in the back of the head in the garage, execution style?"
    Me: "Yeah, I am suprised that kid lived. Thank goodness".
    Him: Smiling and happy, he responded, "I am that kid".
    Then it clicked. I recognized his face from the media pics. He showed me the back of his head where the bullet had gone in. He then said that he now carries everywhere but if I asked him to leave he would comply. I told him no problem. I made a decision at this point that I would never again approach somebody who was carrying to explain our companies policy. When I do see a firearm strapped to someone's hip in the store I just smile and go about my business, letting them go about theirs.

Man found guilty of attempting murder in garage 'death chamber' | KTVB.COM Boise

I guess like everything else, there are different oppinions. I think most people are out in their own little LA-LA Land, & wouldn't even notice what's on your t-shirt. I'm just not paranoid enough to worry about it. I have about 150 different t-shirts, & usually wear them as they come up in my closet.
    By the way, I bought a Hi-Point carbine some time ago. & got the t-shirt for free. So besides the t-shirt B.S., I was glad to be able to help her out. And I'm sure there will be a few conversations about how "The nice man at Sam's club helped me get Daddy's Father's Day gift"

The big question is, Farmington Hills or downriver????
    That would depend on why they approached you in the first place.

(glad it was possitive)

Southgate. She said she was from Grosse Ile. Well dressed, looked safe enough for me to have a chat with her.
    The location had nothing to do with it. I do not feel anymore safe in Farmington Hills, than I do in Inkster. Bad guys
    don't usually live in the area they prey on. Unless you're stupid enough to get back into their neighborhoods.

I. I have about 150 different t-shirts, & usually wear them as they come up in my closet.
    I solved that problem a long time ago I have 30 white t shirts that I have to wear at work ( 30 so I only have to wash them once a month) and 7 plain black T shirts that I wear the rest of the time

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast