Refusing to hand over firearm at a traffic stop - MO - Page 15
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Refusing to hand over firearm at a traffic stop - MO

Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    Now the truth comes out, and you are actually agreeing with what Navy and I have been saying. You can be Constitutionally within your rights all the way to the jail, with every chance of being found not-guilty after a long wait, a lot of money and a trial. As I stated regarding the original posters "original" post, arguing with the cop on the side of the road might not be the best place to avail yourself of those rights, if complying with the officer presents no imminent danger to yourself.
    I dont believe I have agreed (or specifically disagreed) with anything you have written... Although I see treo likes it when you take things out of context just like he does....

But, since you asked... My post that you obviously misunderstood was a response to treo's wrongful thinking that the only possible way to defend your rights on the side of the road was to shoot/kill the cop..... Which is crazy.... I have never said anything close to that...

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorrison View Post
    And there in lies the root of the problem with most of America today.
    The ole "what can I do to change the system". "I'm just one person" and "the Government is just so dang powerful!".

Sent from behind enemy lines.
    So what are you as an individual going to do? Voting is what I do, and I have to accept that my vote won't always make things turn out how I want them.

It seems like nowadays people decide to use violence instead, and that gets us nowhere. Even some of the people on this forum imply violence is their solution to change the government or "protect their rights" from what they see as unjust court rulings or laws. Reminds me of Timothy McVeigh's thinking

I guess I could respond to the questions/statements you asked though...

Then it might be a good idea to just comply with the officer, take his name and file a formal complaint AFTER you have parted ways and your compliant a$$ is not in jail.
    You are quite correct, it would be the easy way out... Yet, I dont do easy when it comes to my rights.... I take an almost unmovable stance when it comes to my rights being violated, ESPECIALLY when the one doing the infringing is getting paid (with money essentially stolen from me without my consent) to UPHOLD the law, not break it... SO, when I post I am stating what I WOULD DO (and want others to at least consider doing)... I also believe that anyone who posts on a forum such as this one SHOULD at least support someone who is willing to go so far to protect what is being stolen from us (our rights) even if they themselves cant or wont go to such lengths for whatever reason... Yet, it seems that almost all that I get on here is grief and ridicule... Not that I need or want your or others approval to do what I see as the right thing for me to do in a given situation....

I also use this forum as a soapbox to try and get others MORE serious about our rights.... If no-one stands up to these thugs (tough word, but they deserve it) then I dont see anything getting better....

My point is that the best place probably isn't on the side of the road with a cop who is probably well versed in state or local law, but not in Constitutional law. I have already stated my position on the fruitlessness of trying to get the "courts" to do anything... In my opinion, the ONLY thing I could accomplish by going to court would be to keep out of jail and nothing more... The cop isnt going to learn anything if I win, the courts surely wont and I can guarantee that relevant state and federal govt wont care or probably wont even know about it.... (my court case) BUT... IF I get my point across "on the side of the road" and end up not needing to go to court, the cop obviously has "seen the light" and been convinced that what he attempted was NOT lawful, and quite possibly will think twice before infringing on someone elses rights in the future...

I think this quote fits into some of what I have been trying to say in this thread....

I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    So what are you as an individual going to do? Voting is what I do, and I have to accept that my vote won't always make things turn out how I want them. DO you actually think voting will change anything at all? You are senile if you do...

It seems like nowadays people decide to use violence instead, LIKE THE COPS DO????http://www.kdrv.com/taser-used-on-naked-i-5-wanderer/ and that gets us nowhere. Actually, it gets lots of us civilians/citizens killed...Maybe if the cops start dying instead of us then things will start to change.... of course, we should NEVER kill a cop.... Even some of the people on this forum imply violence is their solution to change the government or "protect their rights" from what they see as unjust court rulings or laws. Why shouldnt they? The government has set the example that violence solves things.... Reminds me of Timothy McVeigh's thinking
    Wasnt Timothy goaded into it by the GOVERNMENT (FBI) ???? He wasnt smart enough to come up with it by himself..... So, thank you for confirming my point.....

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    I guess I could respond to the questions/statements you asked though...

Then it might be a good idea to just comply with the officer, take his name and file a formal complaint AFTER you have parted ways and your compliant a$$ is not in jail.
    You are quite correct, it would be the easy way out... Yet, I dont do easy when it comes to my rights.... I take an almost unmovable stance when it comes to my rights being violated, ESPECIALLY when the one doing the infringing is getting paid (with money essentially stolen from me without my consent) to UPHOLD the law, not break it... SO, when I post I am stating what I WOULD DO (and want others to at least consider doing)... I also believe that anyone who posts on a forum such as this one SHOULD at least support someone who is willing to go so far to protect what is being stolen from us (our rights) even if they themselves cant or wont go to such lengths for whatever reason... Yet, it seems that almost all that I get on here is grief and ridicule... Not that I need or want your or others approval to do what I see as the right thing for me to do in a given situation....

I also use this forum as a soapbox to try and get others MORE serious about our rights.... If no-one stands up to these thugs (tough word, but they deserve it) then I dont see anything getting better....

My point is that the best place probably isn't on the side of the road with a cop who is probably well versed in state or local law, but not in Constitutional law. I have already stated my position on the fruitlessness of trying to get the "courts" to do anything... In my opinion, the ONLY thing I could accomplish by going to court would be to keep out of jail and nothing more... The cop isnt going to learn anything if I win, the courts surely wont and I can guarantee that relevant state and federal govt wont care or probably wont even know about it.... (my court case) BUT... IF I get my point across "on the side of the road" and end up not needing to go to court, the cop obviously has "seen the light" and been convinced that what he attempted was NOT lawful, and quite possibly will think twice before infringing on someone elses rights in the future...

I think this quote fits into some of what I have been trying to say in this thread....

I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Robert A. Heinlein
    You seem to have experience with LE encounters? Maybe many since you are so passionate about your rights and how they are infringed. Would love to hear more about that...

Quote Originally Posted by dad45acp View Post
    You seem to have experience with LE encounters? Maybe many since you are so passionate about your rights and how they are infringed. Would love to hear more about that...
    Yes, I have won arguments with cops who did not know the "LAW" ...... AFTER they stopped me and I was "detained"... I have posted about some of the incidents on this and other forums.... all have been posted under Axeanda45...

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA

Robert A. Heinlein
    Another salient Heinlein quote says:

"You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once."

Now all we need is someone to come along and say, "Yeah, well who the Hell is Robert Heinlein?" And in their signature line will be the words:

"An armed society is a polite society."

Sometimes the cognitive dissonance is palpable on this forum.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Yes, I have won arguments with cops who did not know the "LAW" ...... AFTER they stopped me and I was "detained"... I have posted about some of the incidents on this and other forums.... all have been posted under Axeanda45...
    I won an argument with my wife last night.

THAT takes more guts than arguing with police.... (been married for over 26 yrs...)

No, you didn't. Right now she is plotting your demise while you sit there THINKING you won.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast