Refusing to hand over firearm at a traffic stop - MO - Page 16
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Refusing to hand over firearm at a traffic stop - MO

Refusing to hand over firearm at a traffic stop - MO

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    So what are you as an individual going to do? Voting is what I do, and I have to accept that my vote won't always make things turn out how I want them.

It seems like nowadays people decide to use violence instead, and that gets us nowhere. Even some of the people on this forum imply violence is their solution to change the government or "protect their rights" from what they see as unjust court rulings or laws. Reminds me of Timothy McVeigh's thinking
    I have resorted to threatening my congress reps.
    I am tired of the constant form letters sent out by "aids".
    My line in the sand has been drawn and my reps have been put on notice that I will no longer tolerate their sh!t!
    You go ahead and vote.... I'll see you at the finish line...

"If voting actually worked, it would be illegal."

Sent from behind enemy lines.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorrison View Post
    I have resorted to threatening my congress reps.
    I am tired of the constant form letters sent out by "aids".
    My line in the sand has been drawn and my reps have been put on notice that I will no longer tolerate their sh!t!
    You go ahead and vote.... I'll see you at the finish line...

"If voting actually worked, it would be illegal.
    I just passed a few threats on to Senator Graham's aide, so now I'm probably on ANOTHER LIST... When I mentioned not having the fight on the side of the road, I wasn't advocating taking anyone to court. I think things are better handled at the lowest level. When the Deputy is a crank, go talk to his Sherriff. Those guys are elected, and it doesn't take much of a campaign to get them tossed out on their ear. They know this. As a middle aged guy, I feel comfortable explaining the problem to the sheriff, presenting my arguments and suggesting that his troops might need a little extra training on the whole "supporting and defending the Constitution" thing.
    -
    I've only done this once so far, and it did not get beyond the Sherriff saying "Oh really, then what happened?" It's amazing how much you can accomplish when you don't put them on the defensive. Even the Lone Wolves out there are scared of the daddy wolf back at the precinct, and if you get him on your side rather than putting him on the defensive about his cop you can change things.
    -
    I think I must revert to old Army training. If you are given a stupid order by someone that outranks you, but it isn't illegal and won't hurt anyone, carry it out first, then ***** about it. It takes the "disobeying an order" charge out o their arsenal, and leaves them trying to support a stupid order. Don't read too much into this analogy as to the relationship between cops and us, just giving a little background on my thought process.

4. Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorrison View Post
    And there in lies the root of the problem with most of America today.
    The ole "what can I do to change the system". "I'm just one person" and "the Government is just so dang powerful!".
    Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    Now the truth comes out, and you are actually agreeing with what Navy and I have been saying. You can be Constitutionally within your rights all the way to the jail, with every chance of being found not-guilty after a long wait, a lot of money and a trial. As I stated regarding the original posters "original" post, arguing with the cop on the side of the road might not be the best place to avail yourself of those rights, if complying with the officer presents no imminent danger to yourself.
    Most of the big court cases that have defined the limits of authority for Law Enforcement officers have come from criminals convicted of crimes who were doing everything they could to get out of their convictions. In addition, it seems like there are a lot more lawyers out there willing to defend criminals for a reduced free then there are lawyers willing to take on rights violations lawsuits for those who have not been convicted, unless you have the money to pay them extra.

A person who has already been sentenced to several years in prison has a lot more motivation to spend big $$$ on a lawyer than a person who has had their firearm temporarily seized by a police officer for a few minutes.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

I will fight for my rights inside the system until it reaches the point that TPTB have usurped them to the point of no return. Things will get nasty after then. Not really looking forward to living in the woods drinking pond water and eating grubs and snakes!
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by gejoslin View Post
    I will fight for my rights inside the system until it reaches the point that TPTB have usurped them to the point of no return. Things will get nasty after then. Not really looking forward to living in the woods drinking pond water and eating grubs and snakes!
    To me it's quite obvious that a completely usurped Constitution won't necessarily put us all out of our homes, living in the woods, drinking pond water and eating grubs and snakes, because the Constitution is already in such a condition.

I don't mean this to be dismissive or insulting towards what you said, but if inserting at least two amendments into the Constitution illegally doesn't bring the system to the point of no return, what, in your opinion, would?

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by gejoslin View Post
    Better get a jump on a nice slice of woodland to "hole up in"! I would also recommend you boil your water for one hour before cooking or drinking with it!
    Snakes?! They taste just like chicken! YUM!

I'm assuming you have guns, why would you eat grubs???

Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    I'm assuming you have guns, why would you eat grubs???
    do you think that there is always small game or fish available as a food source?
    anyone who has minimal survival training knows the value of grubs, berries, ants and many other "odd" edibles

Actually, 5 minutes of boiling is overkill to kill parasites... one hour is WAYYYYYYYY to long...

Once the water starts boiling (rolling boil), it is as hot as it needs to be to kill anything alive in it...

Wait.. how in the heck did we get on this subject????

NO Officer!!!!! You CANNOT have my firearm!!!!

There, all better now........

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    To me it's quite obvious that a completely usurped Constitution won't necessarily put us all out of our homes, living in the woods, drinking pond water and eating grubs and snakes, because the Constitution is already in such a condition.

I don't mean this to be dismissive or insulting towards what you said, but if inserting at least two amendments into the Constitution illegally doesn't bring the system to the point of no return, what, in your opinion, would?

Blues
    When TPTB start going door to door collecting firearms and people for the FEMA camps would be a good time for me to head for the high country. You?
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast