Women's purse carry question... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: Women's purse carry question...

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Tammy Cedo View Post
    I LOVE my Ruger LCP .380. I have shoulder problems and in a defense mode I will reach with my right arm automatically to defend myself...so the .380 is perfect for me in that aspect. Hubby has a 9mil that I can shoot lefty, at the range. I also like that I can carry it in my pocket when I am not able to have it in a holster on my belt...or in my purse (in the holster).
    My dad has the Taurus version of that gun. They're incredibly accurate but I can't exactly say it's a pleasure to shoot. I think smaller hands might would make the difference though. I do love the size and concealability too.

  2.   
  3. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    Ok another thing I wanna know...the reason I was looking at the P938 over the P238 is because I hear so many horror stories about how a .380 didn't stop this or that bad guy. I know this dead horse has been beaten over and over, but one thing I haven't heard is whether or not a larger caliber would have done any better in those instances. Because I have seen and heard of people doing some pretty crazy stuff after being hit in some seemingly fatal places with large caliber pistol rounds. So I'm scared if she were to ever need to use it that the .380 wouldn't be enough, but at the same time I don't want to get something that's so dreadful for her to shoot that she's not going to want to practice with it. That happened to me with the Kel Tec PF9. 5 rounds and I was ready to quit. I dreaded taking that gun to the range. So what are your experiences and opinions on .380?
    I also have the Ruger LCP and while it's not the greatest to shoot, the more I do, the more I like it. And it can't be beat for concealed carrying. It'll work anywhere, unlike bigger ones. Now I can't testify as to it's stopping power since I've never shot anybody with it, but I'm hoping it'd do the job. I also have a 9 mm, but so far have never carried it.

  4. #13
    Purse carry is better than no carry. My wife carries based on how she's dressed and what she' doing for the day. She has quite a few stylish purses that do not look like they carry a handgun but they were made and bought for that reason. She also uses the "Smart carry" when she has to as well as holster carry. A Leo we knew in California (yes we got permits while living there) advised her to keep her hand near her weapon while walking to her car. It's not brandishin if the weapon stays in the purse. By the way, these diffenent ways to carry were invented for a purpose. Like it, don't like it, its your call. But I try to make that decision myself. Someone, especially, a so called expert, telling me to not do something because of one thing or another may not fit your needs or be helpful or matter to me. Just a thought. Just be dilligent and safe and you'll be fine.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by caliyanks View Post
    Purse carry is better than no carry. My wife carries based on how she's dressed and what she' doing for the day. She has quite a few stylish purses that do not look like they carry a handgun but they were made and bought for that reason. She also uses the "Smart carry" when she has to as well as holster carry. A Leo we knew in California (yes we got permits while living there) advised her to keep her hand near her weapon while walking to her car. It's not brandishin if the weapon stays in the purse. By the way, these diffenent ways to carry were invented for a purpose. Like it, don't like it, its your call. But I try to make that decision myself. Someone, especially, a so called expert, telling me to not do something because of one thing or another may not fit your needs or be helpful or matter to me. Just a thought. Just be dilligent and safe and you'll be fine.
    Thanks for the info!

    And another reason also that I thought of last night is because sometimes I am wearing something where I can't carry and so I thought it would be nice to be able to throw my gun in her purse as well.

  6. #15
    I've done that myself

  7. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    Thanks for all the info guys. I was kinda trying to steer away from the purses designed for concealed carry since she is a very "fashionable" person, and she likes her colorful and "cute" designer purses. All the concealed carry ones I've seen are black or brown leather...definitely not her style. Plus she already has a ton and likes to swap out about every week or so.
    I know your plight my friend. My girlfriend has been asking my to get her a CCW purse for a while. I've already bought her several designer bags that she switches between every few days. Why would I buy her another one that she would never use? Especially since it doesn't say "Coach" anywhere on it.

  8. #17
    I have never used one of these purses, but I do think they are pretty cute. :)

    https://www.lollieposh.com/index.php...emart&Itemid=1

  9. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by hestes View Post
    I have never used one of these purses, but I do think they are pretty cute. :)

    https://www.lollieposh.com/index.php...emart&Itemid=1
    Well, they're certainly colorful, but they're pretty much all the same shape-wise and not my style. And expensive. There are better ones for less. Look on eBay, they have a pretty good selection. But make sure they have a built-in holster, a lot of them don't.
    That said, talk her into an IWB or other on-body carry if you can.

  10. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggy Reist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hestes View Post
    I have never used one of these purses, but I do think they are pretty cute. :)

    https://www.lollieposh.com/index.php...emart&Itemid=1
    Well, they're certainly colorful, but they're pretty much all the same shape-wise and not my style. And expensive. There are better ones for less. Look on eBay, they have a pretty good selection. But make sure they have a built-in holster, a lot of them don't.
    That said, talk her into an IWB or other on-body carry if you can.
    Agreed. Way to expensive for what they are. And absolutely carry on person if at all possible.

  11. #20
    I completely agree about the on body carry. I don't like purse carry, but I know alot of women will only carry that way. When I saw those purses, several of my friends went crazy of them, so I thought I'd share. :) To each their own.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast